
We have another dear member to our Team--Kathleen! (I told her weeks ago that I would post this, because she joined us in December and I am thrilled she did. I am just a bit delayed.)
We are so glad you are joining us as we look to Jesus Christ spread throughout the US, but with one heart, as we soak in the Word and allow His Truth to marinate in us and change us for His glory!
I asked Kathleen to share abit about herself:
Hello Scripture Memory Team. My name is Kathlelen Scrivner. I spent the first 24 years of life finding fulfillment in what the world considers worthwile. I managed to have "success" as the world defines it but was never satisfied or content. I accepted the Lord's salvation when I was 24 but stuggled to grow. I was playing professional golf and had few people to mentor me. At age 27 I felt the need to leave the professional golf life and settle down. Matthew 6:33 had been shared with me and I saw the verse in 82 font, bold, and underlined. "Seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you." I was invited to a Bible study and for the next 18 years was always in a study (as a member and eventually as a discussion leader or children's leader). The truth of God's Word has directed my steps in every season and challenge of life. I am forever grateful for His grace and patience.
Four years ago I planned to substitute teach as a means to supplement our income, but after a year of sub experiences I realized that being a substitute was not fulfilling my passion to invest in young people (it also became apparent that there was a need to eventually work outside the home). In an attempt to balance family, school and extended family needs I cannot commit to a Bible study at this time. I long for study (and fellowship) but realize that during this season of life I need to be still before the Lord. I need the personal discipline to be in the Word and let Him teach me.
Last June I secured my preliminary credential (this is the name these days). My technical subject matter is Physical Education but I do not want this credential title to limit my desire to pursue other areas of interest. The Lord has blessed me with a heart to teach and the desire to reach young people with His truth, His way. I am finding that it is an increasing challenge to stay focused on the Lord and grounded according to His truth. I don't want His Word to guide and direct-- I NEED HIS WORD TO GUIDE AND DIRECT ME.
My husband, Doug, and I have been married for 24 years and have three children. Laura (17), Jenna (14), and Kevin (8).
I am thankful for this outlet and look forward to gleaning from others. Together we share a discipline that will satisfy our deepest longings as we intentionally seek to be taught by Him.
Kathleen
Team, feel free to ask Kathleen questions in the comment section and we can get to know her more!
Love to each of you! I missed you yesterday and wasn't able to post on January 1st, as our family was driving home from Washington. I am grateful for Melissa, who graciously posted for us! Let's choose our verses and dive into the Word, seeking the Lord's face!
I love our TEAM!
5 comments:
Welcome Kathleen...so glad to have you along in our glorifying and continuing search in Christ. I look forward to getting to know you throughout this year!
Welcome to the group Kathleen! Glad to have you join us!
Yes...welcome Kathleen! So glad you have joined us.
I'm friends with Vivian and would love to join your group. I have already chosen Phil 4:4-9 as my verses to memorize and would like to find a prayer buddy. Are you available, Becca?
Welcome, Kathleen!! It is good to get to know you a little better since we are partners :)
Post a Comment