Good Morning! As I sat with the Lord this morning, He embraced me, reminding me of His faithfulness and lavish love. May we bask in His goodness today!
Let's check in with each other in the comment section:
1. How are you all doing with your first verse of 2012? Whether you have it memorized or are still working on it, there is something you must know about life in Christ and being on this team- there is no guilt here! Keep soaking and marinating in the Word. He is transforming us and renewing our mind. How wonderful it is to live in grace!
2. What is your verse for the last half of January?
3. Why did you choose it?
4. Where are you from? City & State. There are a number of you that are just joining us and I thought it would be fun for us to see how the Lord brings us together through His Word.
5. Amy and I are about to set dates for our four get togethers this year. Are any of you interested in helping with that? If so, in what way (s)? To plan, organize, be creative, host, make food, send out invites, etc...so many possibilities. I know the Lord has graced many of you with giftedness in these areas and if you have capacity, we want to provide opportunity for you to serve.
You are so loved by Jesus Christ! Don't ever forget that!
20 comments:
1.) My first verse of 2012 is embedded in my heart. It is the yearly scripture of my blog, so I know it well and try to live by it every single day.
2.) Romans 12:12 - Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
3.) I chose this verse because it contains remembering my faith in three things very dear to me. I need to rejoice when I see good being done or am a part of something blessed. I need to be patient in the hardest of times, knowing He will find a way through it for me and that He never leaves my side. And I need to remember that through prayer, all things are possible. Prayer is the most important of anything...it is where I speak intimately to the Lord, open my heart the most to Him, and show my trust in Him. Without constant prayer, there is nothing.
4.) I am from Shingle Springs, CA.
5.) I would absolutely love to help. I can help with making food, and with sending out the invites. If there are other things that need to be done that you think I would be able to contribute in, please let me know. I would be happy to help in any way you see fit. I look so forward to seeing everyone!
1. I have to admit that my verse #1 was so long,I have not memorized it yet.I will have it memorized by verse #3,I promise.
2. "But those who suffer He delivers in their suffering,He speaks to them in their affliction. He is wooing you from the jaws of destress to a spacious place free from restriction,to the comfort of your table laden with choice food." Job36:15-16
3. I chose this verse because of the hope it gives us in knowing He is going to be with us during our suffering. That He is wooing us into His presence during that time. That He is setting a table with our most favorite things to bless us after the battle.
4. I am from Copperas Cove,Tx..... 3 hours south of Dallas/FtWorth and a little over an hour north of Austin.
5. I was not blessed with organization but am willing to do whatever you need me to do.
I am starting my first verse of 2012 this week.
Colossians 3:14 Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony.
I want it to soak into my mind more and more that if I participate with the holy spirit and put on the love of Christ, it will not only bring us together, but BIND us together, in not just good, but PERFECT harmony. That's so cool.
I'm from Fresno, Ca
Like Betty, I am not known for my organizing skills or creativity, but would be delighted to help with food and plan however I can!
1. First verse was short and yet the depth to which I studied was great! The LORD taught me through people, commentaries, and dictionaries what it means to be "poor in spirit".
2. “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." (Matt 5:6
3. Continuing through the sermon on the mount.
4. Clovis, CA
5. I'd like to offer to host, perhaps summer/fall?
1) It is good.
2) "My flesh and heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26
3) To be honest, I saw it on pintrest and it was with a really cool picture and i liked it.
4) Clovis, CA
5) Whatever there is I guess.
1. I did pretty good with my first verse of 2012, although I want to do better this time around! I would read it once a day, but didn't have it posted anywhere. So this time I am going to post it in my bathroom.
2. "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you."- John 15:16
3. I chose this verse because Jesus is saying that he chose and appointed me. I feel like this is a calling it makes me see the utter impoortance in bearing fruit.
4. I am from Fresno, CA, but have recently relocated to Manteca, CA
5. I would love to help in any of the above listed ways for our get together :)
I also have a blog at: www.chrisandkaty.net :)
1. I have it memorized.
2. I am going to continue on with Psalm 121:3
"He wil not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber."
3. I like this Psalm because it helps me remember that God is in control of my life, and loves me so much that he will help me, if I look to him.
4. I am from Fresno, California.
5. I would be willing to help make food.
1. I am still working on it.
2. Phil 4:4-9 "Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again, rejoice. Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be known to God."
3. I love the principles in this scripture and want to practice them everything. Memorizing this scripture will help me.
4. Fresno
5. I love to organize and plan. Just tell me what you want.
Great Job Ladies!!!
1. I do have my first Scripture memorized...it continues to roll through my mind...I so want to know the power, ability, and protection of the LORD!
2. Continuing on in Ps. 18:3,4
"I call to the LORD who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. The cords of death entangled me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
3. The Lord has me in Psalm 18 all year long!
4. Fresno, CA
5. Our first tentative date is Feb. 4th! Are you all up for that???
Love and grace to each of you today!
Unfortunatly feb 4 won't work for me. I will be hosting about 10 friends overnight. So sorry to miss out!
I still need to meditate on my verse for another two weeks. I didn't do a very good job of memorizing it so I am trying again!
I am from Fresno, CA
I would love to help. I love to bake so I can bring a dessert or if there is anything that involves creativity that you need help with, I'm your girl!
Feb 4th will not work for me either! Sorry!
My first verse for this year was the same one I ended with for 2011. The Lord knew I still needed to meditate on that verse.
verse #2 is: " But thank God! He has made us his captives and continues to lead us along in Christ's triumphal procession. Now he uses us to spread the knowledge of Christ everywhere, like a sweet perfume."
2 Cor 2:14 (NLV)
I chose this verse because I want to be a sweet perfume to those around me so that I can share my love of Christ with them.
Just moved this weekend to Big Sur, CA, and that is why I am late in posting my verse....no internet at home yet!
I would love to help with other gathering other than Feb 4. My parents are coming to visit in Big Sur that weekend to see the new house, so I won't be able to make it. Have fun though!!!
1. K...my first verse of 2011 was James 1:21,22 Therefore get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. Do not merely listen to the word, do what it says.
I chose this because I am seeking God's guidance on a big decision and I don't want to be polluted by the ways of the world, but only to follow the word that God plants in me.
2. My second verse is Psalm 40:1
I waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned to me and heard my cry.
Waiting patienly for the Lord does not come easy to me. When I feel Him leading me in a certain direction I am ready to jump all in. But, in our current situation, it is clear that I need to patiently wait for the Lord (and my husband :)
3. I am from good ol' Fresno, CA.
4. I would love to contribute to get togethers in any way needed.
1. I was out of town without much internet access for the first week+ of January, so the second half of the month will be my first for 2012.
2. Philippians 4:8 - Finally, sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.
3. I chose that verse so that it will be at the forefront of my mind when negative thoughts start brewing, so that I will have godly thoughts to replace the negative.
4. I am living in Oakhurst, CA
5. I am willing to help, host, make food, whatever would be of help.
1. I did not memorize one for the first part of the year and to be completely honest, am having trouble motivating myself to choose one now. I really need it though so decided to focus on James (the entire book) for the course of the year. I chose to do this because it is a part of the new James bible study that we are starting at church tomorrow and I really want to know God in a more intimate way. I was encouraged and impressed when Yvonne memorized Philipians in 2009. Thought that I'd give it a try :)
2. James 1:1-8
James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ.
To the twelve tribes in the Dispersion: Greetings.
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. (dont think I'll be working in a spiral this year. More like a notebook! that way I can journal my experience in this process!)
3. Explained above why I chose the book of James.
4. I am from Modesto
5. I would love to help in any way that I can. I'm not one for organizing but I can bake or send out invites, anything that Im directed to do, I can do!
1. My first verse has provided guidance and peace in the beginning of January. Seeking His strength and His face was my "January homework" but I desire it to be a recurring theme throughout the year.
2. Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD and whose trust is the LORD. For he will be like a tree planted by the water, that extends its roots by a stream and will not fear when the heat comes; but its leaves will be green, and it will not be anxious in a year of drought nor cease to yield fruit. Jeremiah 17:7-8
3. I have chosen this verse because I love the thought of being planted (abiding) in His truth and reaping His bounty by His grace. Being grounded by His promises. Being stable in His strength. Being secure because He loves me. Having the Lord as my foundation. Trusting in Him and seeking Him yields great blessings:: No fear. Abundant life. No anxiousness. Fruit for His glory. Think about it, a tree isn't busy DOING but BEING. Lord, make me to BE still and know that YOU ARE GOD.
4. In live in Fresno but I desire my roots to be in the Lord!
5. My plate is very full at this time with two on-line classes. I cannot make any guarantees but if the Lord wills . . .
So late! This will need to be for both halves of January...hoping to be more on top of memorizing (or at least choosing) in the coming months!
1)See above ;)
2)"Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips will praise You. So I will bless You as long as I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness, And my mouth offers praises with joyful lips." Psalm 63:3-5
3)My Bible study is studying psalms this year, and this one was one of the six from last week - I was very convicted that I spend almost no time at all praising God simply for who He is. I am endeavoring to make praise part of my everyday relationship with the Lord and these verse in my heart will be a good reminder.
4) Hume, CA
Post a Comment