Good Morning Friends!
May the grace and love of Jesus Christ abound in your hearts today! May He be our every thought!
Here this clearly: you are loved here. This team of Scripture Memorizing Ladies is filled with grace. Whether you are memorizing verse one still and feel like you may never get it down, I am so proud of you for being in the Word! Or you might be on verse 15 already. There is no comparison or judgement, simply freedom and encouragement to know Jesus more intimately through His Word!
So here we go:
1. What is your verse for the first two weeks of February?
2. What truth are you gleaning in it?
3. Are you excited or nervous about our get together on the 11th? How can we make you feel at ease?
4. We are switching memory partners for this month, so look to the left sidebar and see who your new partner is!
I am loving being in Psalm 18 this year. The Lord is ministering to my heart in a huge way with each verse He is etching in my soul.
With love and affection for you, Yvonne
10 comments:
1. What is your verse for the first two weeks of February?
Proverbs 31:25-26
Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to com. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
2. What truth are you gleaning in it?
Although I feel like this is a lesson I've learned many a times before, as I have gotten married and started my career, leaving the comfort and ease of school and the change in responsibility from singlehood, I have been seeing how easy it is to get engulfed in day to day tasks and get distracted with all that seems to be important. The Lord has been constantly reminding me of what my priorities and desires ought to be.
3. Are you excited or nervous about our get together on the 11th? How can we make you feel at ease?
So sad to miss it! We have a life group trip planned for that weekend... I'll certainly be thinking of you all!
1. My verses: Psalm 18:5-7
The cords of the grave coiled around me; the snares of death confronted me. In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears.
2. The Lord alone can save! He is all powerful. My response is to cry out to the One who can do something to help me! It's as if He and I have one on ones...my cries go into His ears! Glory! Intimate!
3. I can't wait for us all to be in one room together and to look in each of your eyes. Jesus has given me such a deep love for you!
4. Katy and I texted each other this morning. I love having memory partners. so neat to know how we can be praying for each other for these two weeks!
1. Matthew 5:7-8
"Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."
2. Enjoying so much about the Sermon on the Mount. Most of all finding the meaning behind these words in the beatitudes (poor, mourn, meek, hunger, thirst, merciful, pure).
3. I was super excited! Just found out my mom is coming to visit that afternoon with my nephew so I won't be joining you after all. :-( Sad to miss.
4. Ann, I apologize, I never did text you last time! I even put your number in my phone and forgot. But I have Siri now and so I will text Stacia as I drive to work saying my memory verse!
1. Philippians 4:8 And now dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
2. The Lord in His grace showed me my sin in not fixing my thoughts on what scripture clearly tells me to... in fact, I was doing the opposite. When I fix and entertain selfish thoughts that are no pure and right, I am not reflecting His glory. I'm living for myself. I am called to display his glory and likeness and I cannot do that if I am not cautious of my thoughts.
3. I'm so excited! Amy and I have been playing phone tag, but I think it's going to be a delightful time with you all!
1. My verses for the next two weeks are: Psalm 18:1-3 "I love you, Lord, my Strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer. My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I called to the Lord who is worthy to be praised, and I have been saved from my enemies."
2. Lately I've been battling a lot of lies. I'm learning that the only way to fight the temptation to believe those lies, is to speak Truth to myself either in my head, or out loud. These verses remind me that the Lord is my strength and He fights for me. He hears me, and He saves me. What a gift!
3. So excited! :)
1. Psalm 33:4 "For the word of the LORD is right and true; He is faithful in "all" He does."
2. His truth He is showing me is that no matter what has laid behind me and what lies before me...He can be trusted to work good out of "all" things. He has put in my heart to strengthen myself with His promises so I will know He is faithful during the battles of life.
3. I wont be coming to this one but hope to join you in the future. I am so glad to have seen Yvonne and met Amy in Houston!I can't wait to meet the rest of you.
4. My sweet memory partner this time is Debbie. Becca,I will miss you and will still pray every day for you.
1.) My verse is Genesis 9:16 - "When the bow is in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on earth."
2.) That God always fulfills and delivers His promises. He is always faithful and never failing.
3.) I am VERY excited to see all of those that are going to attend! To share love for Christ among you all!
4.)I am so very excited for Betty as my partner. She has a very special place in my heart. I have texted her my verse, and will do so again this next week. We are in regular contact via text, mail, and e-mail.
Continuing on with James.
1. James 1:9-15
Let the lowly brother boast in his exaltation and the rich in his humiliation, because like a flower of the grass he will pass away. For the sun rises with its scorching heat and withers the grass; its flower falls, and its beauty perishes. So also will the rich man fade away in the midst of his pursuits.
Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of like, which God has promised to those who love him. Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God," for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempted no one. But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is full grown
brings forth death.
Memorizing James is a challenge. But I am slowly taking in each word. In the first passate I memorized, I was encouraged to stand in the midst of trials and when I need wisdom, to ask God.
I am very excited about Saturdays get together. A bit nervous about meeting new people and with my long drive, much time to obsess over that! Pray that I don't.
1. "My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips" Psalm 63:5
2. I need to work on having a more joyful heart.
3. I can't make it. :(
4. I will be texting Vivian soon :)
I am still working on Psalm 121:3
"He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber.
I am loving memorizing Psalm 121 because it reminds me that the Lord is my helper in life. He is with me through whatever I go through in life.
I am very excited about the get together.
Post a Comment