Monday, February 6, 2012

Welcome Beth!

Beth, we are so glad you have joined us!

I asked Beth why she wanted to memorize the Word together.  Her response:

In going through multiple, consecutive seasons of winter, I am amazed at the human mind (especially mine) and how incredibly vulnerable I am to the enemy's lies. I have found myself obsessing over lies more so than I have Truth. I know the only way to re-route those pathways in my mind is to combat each lie with scripture either in my mind, or spoken (softly, or loudly) to myself. I desire accountability and (and grace) while I re-learn how and what to think. I believe there is freedom in knowing Truth, and I want that more than anything!


Beth, will you share who your puppy is and your other most important person in your life!  Also, what do you spend most of your days doing? 


Also, if you all have questions for our newest Team member, nows the time to ask!

2 comments:

:: Beth :: said...

That puppy is Chloe and as of recently, she has consumed quite a bit of my time (and money!) but the best part of my family is my wonderfully adoring husband, Garrett! In June we will be celebrating our 2 year anniversary so we are still considered 'newlyweds' although with so much life happening it doesn't feel like it. He is definitely my better half, I love him so much!

I currently teach high school science in Mendota, CA which is 99% spanish speakers and 90% of kids live below the poverty line. I LOVE being with those kiddos, they are truly a delight for me :)

Other than that you can catch me at home gardening! Although I have a black thumb, it's definitely my new form of therapy! :)

Heather said...

Welcome, Beth!! I look forward to getting to know you this year. Praying for Truth in His Word to be evident to you during this winter.