Hi ladies! I just got so excited to post our 4th verse realizing we have women all over California and Texas memorizing scripture together! From Sacramento to Fresno, Texas to Big Sur, wow! We've had lots of new ladies join recently too, so let's get to know each other a bit on this post. Such a joy to journey through scripture with all of you!
1. What's your 4th verse for 2012?
2. Why did you choose it?
3. Where do you live and what do you do?
4. What are 3 words you would use to describe yourself?
I am so encouraged by this blog! I just know that God delights in His daughters pursuing Him in spirit and truth, even though we live miles apart!
13 comments:
1. “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)
2. Continuing in The Sermon on the Mount.
3. Clovis, CA. I teach reading intervention part time and work for our church, The Well, part time shepherding ladies! Best.job.ever.
4. Passionate, organized, relational
1. Deuteronomy 7:9 - "Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God that keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations."
2. It speaks to me letting me know His love is ALWAYS there, and how much He treasures us when we obey His commandments. That by us living right, our children will be blessed.
3. I live in Shingle Springs, CA. I run a Cancers, Cupcakes & Cures foundation. I also am starting school for my Doctorate of Ministry. I look forward in the future to hopefully working for my church in what capacity I am best equipped to serve the LORD. I currently serve as part of the team in our Volunteer Chaplain program at Marshall Hospital.
4. Determined, tenderhearted, sanctified.
1. And whoever wants to be first must be slave to all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. Mark 10:44-45, NIV
2. I chose to verse as a reminder to love and serve others.
3. I live in Big Sur. We just moved here so right now I am playing house wife and loving it! I get to bake and cook as much as I want!
4. Energetic, passionate and loving.
1. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal weight of glory that far outweighs them all. --II Corinthians 4:17
2. I chose this verse because,at times,I question the reasons God has called me to do what I do. I am not where I thought I would be at age 57. I had always dreamed about my retirement years in a log cabin overlooking a lake with the fire blazing and doing cross word puzzles...or....whatever "I" wanted to do. Instead,He has placed my life in such an opposite direction. I just have to smile and say..."Your will,not mine,my Lord."
3. I live in Copperas Cove,Tx. I retired from American Airlines a few years ago and now am a full-time daughter and grand-mother.
4. Quiet,sincere,blessed.
1. Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! Make it as clear as you can to all you meet that you're on their side, working with them and not against them. Help them see that the Master is about to arrive. He could show up any minute! Philippians 4:4-5
2. I want to learn to "revel in him!" so that I am constantly ready to share about Him with others.
3. I live in Oakhurst, CA and I am thankful that I am able to stay home right now!! I volunteer in our community with MOPS, occasionally with our Pregnancy & Parenting Center and as a firefighter.
4. Thankful,
Thank you for blessing me with your verses.
1. "From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so." -James 3:10
2. I'm doing a James study at my church, and found this verse. I want to be careful with what I say, and how I say it. I need to remember to bring glory and honor to God in everything. And to honor and respect my husband with my words.
3. Manteca, CA. I interviewed for an administrative assistant position with the children's ministry at my church. If I do not get that job my plan is to start a yoga instructor class.
4. hospitable, loving, active
1. Psalm 18:8-9 Smoke rose from his nostrils, consuming fire came from his mouth, burning coals blazed out of it. He parted the heavens and came down; dark clouds were under his feet.
2. I am working my way through Psalm 18 and contemplating the LORD' anger and protection of His own.
3. Fresno, CA is my home and I have the privilege of loving people in my home (my precious family and those who are like family to me), at Food 4 Less (across the street from me), those in Fresno, and in the Body at the Well Community Church.
4. Loved, Graced, in awe
1. Hebrews 10.22-24 = Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
2. Based on my circumstances, I need to remind myself that Christ's blood was used to cleanse not only my sin, but the guilt and shame I carry from that sin that dwells within my conscience. His promise is that by His blood, it has been cleansed and I need not hold onto a guilty conscience but be continually reminded through the reciting of this scripture that He who promised me a cleansed mind and soul, is faithful! I NEED to believe this with full assurance!
3. I live in Clovis, CA and I teach high school science in Mendota, CA.
4. Stubborn, intentional, teachable
1. I have called you back from the ends of the earth, saying, "you are my servant." For I have chosen you and will not throw you away. dont be afraid, for I am with you, dont be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:9-10
2. I chose it because God is speaking to me about strength lately.
3. I am a stay at home mom to 3 kiddos, soon to be 4. I homeschool one of them and we live in Clovis, Ca.
4. waiting, witty, helpful.
1. "Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world." James 1:27
2. I am also doing Beth Moore's study on James, like Katy, and the scripture is really resonating with me. I want to memorize it so that I can write it on my heart and not forget these important words. I chose this verse from James because it reminds me that God wants us to help those in need and to not be influenced by what the rest of the world says. I don't know what this means for me yet. I am still trying to figure out where I could use my God given gifts to serve others.
3. I live in Fresno, CA and I have three jobs right now (two of them are very recent). I work for my husband's business part time (he has an IT company), I also work part time as an office assistant at an information management company, and I work part time for a florist, Brown Bunny, helping with weddings and events.
4. kind, creative, dependable
I am continuing in Psalm 121:4.
"Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
I love Psalm 121. I wanted to memorize the whole Psalm.
I live in Fresno,California, and I am an RSP Aide for an elementary school.
passionate, loyal, dependable
Hello! I am so excited to join this group of women!! I can't wait to get to know your hearts through your words, and HIS words!! I meant to begin this journey with you all at the beginning of February...so I'll post my 1st and 2nd verses. :)
1. "Taste and SEE that the Lord is good. Oh the joys of those who take refuge in Him."
Psalm 34:8
"The Lord your God is with you.
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you~
He will quiet you with His love~
He will rejoice over you with singing!"
Zephaniah 3:17
2. Both these verses remind me of how much God loves me. He is talking to me about being chosen and accepted...I want these words to sink deep into my heart.
3. I live in Vadnais Heights, Minnesota with my husband and three kids, Hannah(18), Tess(16) and Ross(13). I was a teacher before we started our family. I was fortunate to be able to stay at home with them, and then taught them at home, up until three years ago. I am currently a substitute teacher in two districts close to my home. I enjoy being back in the classroom, but miss living life each day with my kids.
4. compassionate, orderly, adored and accepted by my King :)
1. I'm continuing with James
James 1:16-27 (ESV)
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. Therefore, put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meakness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing. If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless. Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.
2. This is the second half of chapter one of James and it is my goal to memorize the book of James. A challenge from the bible study that I am working on right now.
3. I live in Modesto and I am a tutor with a non-profit autism company. I work with clients from the age of 3 up to 8. I really enjoy it. I used to be a special education teacher prior to moving to Modesto.
4. Sensitive, healing, loved
Post a Comment