Happy July! Wow! I am writing this quick post from the Grand Tetons, watching the sun go down. We head home tomorrow after a wonderful family vacation. For those of you who prayed for me while I was in Israel, it was wonderful, fabulous, indescribable! Thank you for lifting me up to the One and Only Messiah!
1. What is your verse?
2. Why did you choose it?
3. Highlights of June
8 comments:
Hi everyone! My verse this 2 weeks is.......... 1. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18: Rejoice always,pray continually,give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
2.I chose this verse because I've been thinking about our prayers and how we expect them to be answered the way we ask them to be but I realize that not everything I ask for,should be given me. I have to remember that He is the potter and I am the clay,and I give Him permission to answer my prayers His way and not mine. I have also learned that praying for someone else blesses me.
3. The most touching moment in June for me was being able to hold a dying man's hand and being able to tell him he is in my every prayer.
Blessed be the Lord, who DAILY bears our burden, the God who is our salvation.
Psalm 68:19 (NASB)
I chose this verse because it spoke to me the truth that God knows my burdens and daily bears them. I don't have to be burdened by my struggles, Christ takes that burden upon himself and offers me salvation. It is release and freedom that I deeply desire. There for my taking if I choose to live in the truth.
June highlights: I did my first professional photo shoot (as the photographer) with subjects that have less than 4 legs! I was so anxious but had fun and am happy with the results.
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He determines the number of stars and call them each by name. Great is our Lord and mighty in power, his understanding has no limit.
Psalm 147:3-5, NIV
As I was looking for my verse for the next 2 weeks, this verse about God healing our wounds stood out to me. I am praying for some healing in my own body and to come across this verse was very encouraging. it also reminds me that God created the universe and everything in it and he cares about each detail. I am so loved by our Creator!
A highlight for June was going on vacation to see my friends and family. It was so refreshing to spend time with my husband...we got to see each other 5 days in a row!
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:19-20)
I chose this verse because because I want to meditate on what exactly the Great Commission is, according to Jesus. Since my new job at The Well will focus so much on discipleship, I thought this is EXACTLY what I should be spending my time thinking about.
June was full of emotion . . . saying goodbye to the teaching profession (at least for now) but welcoming a new and exciting position in ministry. Sharing the Gospel and giving out bibles to every one of my students (thank you Betty & Yvonne) and on the same day having devastating conversations with Atheists who rejected Christ boldly. Holding my new nephew Jackson Luke for the first time and on the same day finding out we are not pregnant this month. Extreme HIGHS and LOWS and learning to live in that, praying through these things, and abiding in Him.
PS I love reading your comments, continue to persevere-keeping your eyes on the prize! I can't tell you how many times my memory verse came to mind these last 2 weeks and how much I encouraged others with it. Keep going. Keep trusting. Keep memorizing. Keep abiding!
1. So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Come close to God and he will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world. james 4:7-8 NLT
2. I chose this verse because I feel my former self trying to woo me back. The path toward God is not always easy and I am resisting the devils temptations. I need reminding that this world does not offer all I am looking for.
3. My kiddo's are out of school and I can be with them 24/7 now.
From Adele:
1. The sting of death is sin and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us victory trough Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:56,57
2. I chose these verses because they preceded verse 58 which I had previously committed to memory and I have discovered that memorizing blocks of Scripture is very helpful. To know the truth of our eternal victory through Jesus is an overwhelming promise.
3. Special times with family and grandchildren here in Fresno and Newport Beach as well as meaningful connections made with our golfing ministry in Monterey and Carmel. Not to mention the relief from the Valley heat!
1. Psalm 18:46 The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God my Savior.
2. I so desire praise to be on my lips all day long and was reading my life chapter and thought, this is perfect! My Covenant Keeping God is alive and is my sure foundation and My Savior...there is a lot in that verse to be praising Him about. Plus, I love that there are 3 explanation points...simply makes me happy, saying things with gusto.
3. June-so full and so wonderful! Ashlyn graduated and was baptized. I headed to Israel for 10 days and then met up with 14 other of the Downs in the Grand Tetons for a week. The Lord is teaching me much! I am in awe of our Maker!
With love and affection.
Sorry for it being late, but better late than never.
1. Psalms 148:3 "Praise him, sun and moon, praise him, all you shining stars!"
2: I just really liked it.
3:School got out!
Post a Comment