Saturday, July 16, 2011

Welcome Tami!

With great joy we welcome Tami to the Scripture Memory Team!

I asked her to share abit about herself, so we could get to know her:

My name is Tami Anderson, and I live in Fresno, California. I am married to David Anderson. We have been married for 26 years. We have three children. Michelle is eighteen, John is sixteen, and Joel is thirteen. I am a Special Education IA for Clovis Unified. The reason that I went into special education is because when my youngest son was 18 months old he was diagnosed with Hypotonia (mild low muscle tone). It caused him to be globally delayed in fine motor, speech, and gross motor skills. It was definitely a time that stretched my faith in God, and helped me realize God's great love for me, and our son. He knew exactly what type of support I would need, and my son would need to recover from this. He provided it through a team of doctors, speech therapists. physical therapists, occupational therapists, special education teachers, psychologists, the Family Resource person at the Early Start Program through Clovis Unified, and the support group that I attended through the Early Start Program. I saw God's love through these people. I have a passion for Special Education because of this experience. I chose to memorize God's word in order to align my thinking with what is important to God, so I can live a life more pleasing to Him.

No comments: