Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Verse #12

We are half way through memorizing our goal of 24 verses this year once verse 12 is in our hearts! Praise that Lord for His Word. It is life to us!

Let's be reviewing the other verses daily as well. It only takes minutes to flip through each verse and say it out loud and sit in the truth of what the Lord is etching in us, to the depths of our souls. My best times to do this is at stop lights or in a doctor's office. The spirals are so convenient to carry around. Some of you may feel like you have no alone time to soak in His Word. Something I have done over the years is to laminate verses and stick them in the shower. When the kids were little, this was one of my few moments alone in the day.

May you sense the Lord's presence today. He is right here, near, and in you! Praise Him!

1. Verse
2. Why you chose it
3. One thing you are thankful for today

Love you!

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

1 John 4:16 NIV
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.
2. One of Ashlyn's friends shared this verse yesterday as he was telling me the devotions he was doing to prepare for his Costa Rica trip this summer. A flood of memories came back to me with this specific verse. When the kids were little we memorized this together and talked about what it means to rely on God's love. They were toddlers at the time and it was amazing to watch them rely and live in the Lord's love with faith of a child. Lord, would You give me deeper understanding into what it means to rest and lean into your matchless love?
3. Ashlyn's friend, Amber, a gal she has been investing in for the last four years, received Christ last night. O so thankful. Praise Him!

Melissa Danisi said...

1. "For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified." (1 Corinthians 2:2)

2. I chose this verse because of a conversation I had with an Atheist friend from work recently. She had a strong rejection to Christianity and I was devastated. I don't have answers to everything and the LORD was quick to remind me of this verse. All I need to preach is Christ and him crucified.

3. Thankful that the LORD lifted the veil from the eyes of my heart. I am Redeemed. Also thankful for my new job, first day today!!

Vivian Donat said...

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline." Proverbs 1:7

I choose this verse because I have known it for years and wanted to soak it up more. I too have met some one who recently has denounced our Father. My heart ached and all I could think about was woe to any one who rejects God. God, may his heart turn to you.

I am thankful today two big things. A friend of ours from the inner city is now in the service. After 8 months now, he has just been based in Oahu. I learned of this on FB. Our family attended church there when we visited the island and so I sent a quick note to invite him to go and meet our friends we had made there. This church is close to the base and has an amazing outreach to servicemen and women who come and go. (Hector has only been on base for a week now.) He quickly responded that he was just invited to go to that very church while he was making rounds the day before. Hector loves Jesus and I am honored to know him thanks to my sis-in-law who works with inner city kids. He has grown up in the least of circumstances. And our Savior amazes me and how this connection and invitation has already taken place. I praise you father for how you have chosen to use our past connections to connect Hector. I also praise you today for being my heavenly father and for my husband and daddy too. Happy Father's Day :)

Jen said...

1. "Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:4-7

2. I chose this verse today after already writing another verse in my Scripture journal several days ago (I'll save that one for July!). Our sermon this morning was on Verse 2-5 of this chapter, and I felt particularly humbled and convicted by verse 5 (Let your gentle spirit be known to all men.) in relation to my young children, and wanted to have that verse and the verses surrounding it on the forefront of my mind this week. My words and voice can be harsh/sharp when I get frustrated and am trying to get my children's attention. I desire to shepherd them in a loving and gentle way at all times, not giving in to the gratification of the flesh, which is so fleeting (I always regret my tone the moment the words come out). I just finished day 6 of 13 alone with my little ones while my husband is in Israel, and I know that I need these verses to be on my heart and mind to finish out this time well.

3. I am thankful for God's Word, I am thankful for His loving grace and personal care, I am thankful for encouragement and rebuke straight from God, I am thankful for a multitude of second chances, and I am thankful that this particular day is finished! ;)

agarifo said...

1. Each time he said, "My grace is SUFFICIENT for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power can work through me. 2 Cor 12:9 NIV

2. trying to learn to not struggle with difficulties, but rather rest in the knowledge that God has chosen this for me to build my character. Learning that God is El Shaddai- the all sufficient one. What I REALLY need, is just Him.

3. I am thankful that God keeps after me, even when I am not sure why he bothers. I am thankful that he knows better than I do.

Amber Donat said...

1. Psalms 12:7 "You, Lord, will keep the needy safe and protect us forever from the wicked."
2. I looked it up and i liked it. :)
3. Gunner the watchdog puppy.