Yvonne's Response: I love to begin the day watching the sun rise, drinking a cup of coffee, spending time with Jesus in the stillness of the day. I guess I have more than one thing, it is the feel of the whole day...spending time with Brian and the kids either going on a walk, enjoy time playing a game, cuddling, laughing...simply being together!
Today, I am home, enjoyed time with Jesus, longing for a cup of coffee (our kitchen is not quite put back together from a major leak which required redoing the whole kitchen, which means no water or sink yet. Should I go to Starbucks?) The kids are going to help with a cancer research fundraiser at Valley Children's Hospital today and I am at home while the floor guys work on prepping for the wood floor. Brian is on shift. So all that to say, not my favorite Saturday, but am quite satisfied in the Lord, knowing that it is exactly where I am to be. So if anyone wants to call me...
What about you?
4 comments:
I love Saturday mornings! I hardly ever schedule things on Saturdays because I enjoy slow mornings. Time to dilly-dally on the computer, unhurried time in His word and in prayer, I usually blog something that has been overflowing from my time with the LORD. Saturday mornings are like a mini-retreat, a time to Selah each week! It has become my refuge, a time when I am nourished and rested. I highly recommend it to anyone who feels overwhelmed, exhausted, and busy throughout the week. Selah on Saturdays! :-)
Saturday mornings with 3 small children is all about catching up what you couldn't get accomplished during the week! I think i am half-way there. The little one is down for his nap and I am stealing some time to be in the word. thinking of you all even though I can't seem to keep up and post on time!! hopefully late is better than not...
My Saturday mornings are usually filled with a calm, and basic routine. First a shower to start me on the right track for the day, then my Bible Study and time to immerse myself in the Lord and the Word. Then some play time with my children (an errand or two if necessary) and some baking so we have treats for the coming week! Lastly, before I go to bed for the evening, I always make sure my house is nice and clean, because there is nothing better than waking up on a Sunday morning to a clean and organized home to begin the worship day with the Lord!
My verse is Mark 13:32 "No one knows about that day or hour not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
My Favorite thing to do on a Saturday is to probably just hang out or go outside or something.
No, unfortunately I'm not doing it.
Post a Comment