As we pursue Christ by hiding God's Word in our
hearts, may this blog be a source of encouragement
to each, that we are in this together, believing the
LORD to conform us to the image of His Son.
1. “The simple believes everything, but the prudent gives thought to his steps.” (Proverbs 14:15, ESV)
2. I love proverbs. The Simple. The Wise. The Fool. I am desperately seeking His wisdom in my steps right now! More details on my blog.
3. My heart . . . just came back from visiting with my mother-in-law. Trying to be an encouragement as she mourns the loss of her father. Thankful that the LORD is using a shared circumstance of losing our earthly fathers to grow us closer together and closer to our Heavenly Father.
Also, joy in knowing school is out in 4 more weeks, excited as I wait on the LORD to see what my future holds!!
The LORD is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him.
For he understands how weak we are; he knows we are only dust.
Psalms 103:13-14
I was feeling so defeated the other morning....and stepped over to clear my stove of papers I was moving....and Psalms 103 was waiting for me.....Thank you Jesus!
Micah 6:8 8He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
I chose this verse because my sister in law and I were in the word and talking deeply this weekend. Father, may I seek and live for justice, love you so much you pour out with kindness and to learn what it truly means to walk humbly.
i I AM STILL INPSALMS91.THIS TIMEITS 91:5,THOU SHALT NOT BEAFRAIDFOR THE TERROR BY NIGHT;NOR FOR THE ARROW THAT FLIETH BY NIGHT;...I CHOOSE THAT SCRIPTURE BECAUSE IT IS A PRAYER FOR ME..I HAVE HAD MY KIDS ON MY MIND TODAY B/CTHEY ARE LOST& NEED CHRIST.PLEASE PRAY FOR ME B/C MY FAMILY IS THE YEILDING TO THE WRONG SPIRIT.SO PLEASE PRAYFOR THEM.THANK YOU SO MUCH.
From Adele: "Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world." James 1:27 NASB
I have always loved this verse because it offers practical counsel about how we can flesh out our faith and reminds us of what our responsibility is regarding how we choose to live in a worldly context.....unstained!
On my heart today is the joy of serving alongside and ministering to mothers of young children and how that privilege has given me special insight for how to relate to our own adult children and grandchildren. What a blessing to have a compelling and meaningful Kingdom assignment during this later season of my life.
Hebrews 13:1 "Let brotherly love continue." I picked it because I guess I feel the need to love my brothers/family more. I've been thinking about getting my braces off! :)
1. You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Instead of the thornbush will grow the pine tree and instead of briers, the myrtle will grow. This will be for the Lord's renown, for an everlasting sign that will endure forever. Isaiah 55:12-13 NIV
2. The Lord is continuing to grow my heart in the area of understanding New Covenant. I so desire to soak up all He has to teach me in the everlasting promise we have with Him.
3. My heart is happy today as I reflect 18 years of life with Ashlyn, our daughter. She has taught me much of God's grace and love. What a privilege it is to be her mom.
As I read each of your verses, I long to sit together and hear what the Lord is doing in you. I am wondering if you are having a great day or a hard day. I long for each of you. The Lord has given me such deep affection for you and am lifting you up to Him this morning!
1. This is what the sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it." Isaiah 30:15 NIV 2. I chose this because I am wanting to humble myself before god and feel his mercy and forgiveness. 3. What is on my heart is sitting in the middle of being undone, and wishing I was already on the other side. Hoping that in this, the lord is doing some mighty healing.
Psalm 25: 16-17. "Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. The troubles of my heart are enlarged; bring me out of my distress." (ESV)
I chose this because I am struggling with sadness, loneliness, and some emotions that make it hard not to have a partner, someone to help me through the hard times, smile with me through the good times, experience things with, grow with, and to have by my side.
What is on my heart today is that I know I should be completely content with God's love, but we are also human and were not created to be alone, or meant to walk by ourselves in this journey on the earth. I believe we were all meant to share our lives with someone, and after 4 years of being alone, I am experiencing a feeling of sadness and loss that my path will not include someone to share my life with. I have a huge heart and a lot of love to share, and I think I was especially created to join my life with someone. Knowing that may not happen is very hard for me. I am searching every day to grow closer to and make more time for Jesus in my life, and just put my faith in his steadfast love and unfailing devotion. Being alone is something I can do, being lonely is something different--and it is breaking my heart. I pray I will be filled with what I need from the Lord in order to take this low feeling away and help me to live in His love alone.
11 comments:
"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves."
Philippians 2:3
1. “The simple believes everything, but the prudent gives thought to his steps.” (Proverbs 14:15, ESV)
2. I love proverbs. The Simple. The Wise. The Fool. I am desperately seeking His wisdom in my steps right now! More details on my blog.
3. My heart . . . just came back from visiting with my mother-in-law. Trying to be an encouragement as she mourns the loss of her father. Thankful that the LORD is using a shared circumstance of losing our earthly fathers to grow us closer together and closer to our Heavenly Father.
Also, joy in knowing school is out in 4 more weeks, excited as I wait on the LORD to see what my future holds!!
The LORD is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him.
For he understands how weak we are; he knows we are only dust.
Psalms 103:13-14
I was feeling so defeated the other morning....and stepped over to clear my stove of papers I was moving....and Psalms 103 was waiting for me.....Thank you Jesus!
Feeling better and feeling forgiven
Micah 6:8
8He has told you, O man, what is good;
and what does the LORD require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly with your God?
I chose this verse because my sister in law and I were in the word and talking deeply this weekend. Father, may I seek and live for justice, love you so much you pour out with kindness and to learn what it truly means to walk humbly.
i I AM STILL INPSALMS91.THIS TIMEITS 91:5,THOU SHALT NOT BEAFRAIDFOR THE TERROR BY NIGHT;NOR FOR THE ARROW THAT FLIETH BY NIGHT;...I CHOOSE THAT SCRIPTURE BECAUSE IT IS A PRAYER FOR ME..I HAVE HAD MY KIDS ON MY MIND TODAY B/CTHEY ARE LOST& NEED CHRIST.PLEASE PRAY FOR ME B/C MY FAMILY IS THE YEILDING TO THE WRONG SPIRIT.SO PLEASE PRAYFOR THEM.THANK YOU SO MUCH.
From Adele:
"Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world." James 1:27 NASB
I have always loved this verse because it offers practical counsel about how we can flesh out our faith and reminds us of what our responsibility is regarding how we choose to live in a worldly context.....unstained!
On my heart today is the joy of serving alongside and ministering to mothers of young children and how that privilege has given me special insight for how to relate to our own adult children and grandchildren. What a blessing to have a compelling and meaningful Kingdom assignment during this later season of my life.
May you have a blessed week, Yvonne.....Adele
Hebrews 13:1 "Let brotherly love continue."
I picked it because I guess I feel the need to love my brothers/family more.
I've been thinking about getting my braces off! :)
1. You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Instead of the thornbush will grow the pine tree and instead of briers, the myrtle will grow. This will be for the Lord's renown, for an everlasting sign that will endure forever. Isaiah 55:12-13 NIV
2. The Lord is continuing to grow my heart in the area of understanding New Covenant. I so desire to soak up all He has to teach me in the everlasting promise we have with Him.
3. My heart is happy today as I reflect 18 years of life with Ashlyn, our daughter. She has taught me much of God's grace and love. What a privilege it is to be her mom.
As I read each of your verses, I long to sit together and hear what the Lord is doing in you. I am wondering if you are having a great day or a hard day. I long for each of you. The Lord has given me such deep affection for you and am lifting you up to Him this morning!
1. This is what the sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it." Isaiah 30:15 NIV
2. I chose this because I am wanting to humble myself before god and feel his mercy and forgiveness.
3. What is on my heart is sitting in the middle of being undone, and wishing I was already on the other side. Hoping that in this, the lord is doing some mighty healing.
Psalm 25: 16-17.
"Turn to me and be gracious to me,
for I am lonely and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged;
bring me out of my distress." (ESV)
I chose this because I am struggling with sadness, loneliness, and some emotions that make it hard not to have a partner, someone to help me through the hard times, smile with me through the good times, experience things with, grow with, and to have by my side.
What is on my heart today is that I know I should be completely content with God's love, but we are also human and were not created to be alone, or meant to walk by ourselves in this journey on the earth. I believe we were all meant to share our lives with someone, and after 4 years of being alone, I am experiencing a feeling of sadness and loss that my path will not include someone to share my life with. I have a huge heart and a lot of love to share, and I think I was especially created to join my life with someone. Knowing that may not happen is very hard for me. I am searching every day to grow closer to and make more time for Jesus in my life, and just put my faith in his steadfast love and unfailing devotion. Being alone is something I can do, being lonely is something different--and it is breaking my heart. I pray I will be filled with what I need from the Lord in order to take this low feeling away and help me to live in His love alone.
Post a Comment