It is a beautiful spring day in Fresno, CA and a wonderful morning soaking up God's Word. May the LORD grace us with faith to believe Him AND His Truth each moment of today.
1. Write your verse in the comment section on this post.
2. How are you doing today? What is filling your heart and mind? This way we can be serving one another and praying for each other as we go about this Friday.
3. Click on the title of this post and it will lead you to the Living Proof Blog and you can write your verse in the comments there as well. I love this blog and to scan through the thousands of ladies from all over the world who are memorizing the Word, but I LOVE our smaller community here and the opportunity it is to know each other more intimately.
I love you! Have a wonderful weekend and week ahead as we head into the Passover/Easter Season. Jesus is our Passover Lamb, the One who has taken away our sin. Glory! Brian and I are heading to Texas to visit Charlotte and Betty, both on our Scripture Memory Team and ladies who are precious to me.
9 comments:
Hi Ladies!
It was such a joy to meet some of you at LPL two weekends ago. Love that I can finally put names with faces :)
I chose to memorize the verse that Beth spoke from so that I can keep the lessons and nuggets of truth that I received that weekend deep in my heart. I'm not doing so great with memorizing this year but am definately meditating on the scrpitures. God knows my heart and I think that He is still honored by my being in the Word. Just can't stress myself out about memorizing this year. Definately giving it effort though!
James 5:9-11
Do not grumble against one another brothers, so that you may not be judged; behold the Judge is standing at the door. As an example of suffering and patience, brothers, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. Behold, we consider those blessed who remained steadfast. You have heard of the steadfastness of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, how the Lord is compassionate and merciful.
Praying that all is well in your corners of the World!
PS. I am asking prayer for the family of a sweet friend of mine (Wendi) who went to be with the Lord on Wednesday after a 2 year battle with cancer. You wouldn't waste a prayer on me too. It grieves my heart to be separated from this sweet friend here on this earth. I know that I'll see her again though.
Thanks gals!
Hi Bethany,
I,too,have not been memorizing my verses very well....I plan to work on that because I know the verses that are in my heart are used by the Holy Spirit and He brings them to mind when I need to hear them.
I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet friend. The pain of losing someone we love cuts deep but I know who the healer of our hearts is...and knowing He knows the pain and sees our tears,greatly comforts me. He is a God of compassion....He bottles up our tears and grieves for us when we grieve....I pray you find rest in the shelter of His arms.
Good evening wonderful ladies,
I just wanted to apologize for neglecting one of my priorities in life at this moment, memorizing scripture. Because I haven't put time into this (and let alone reading The Word daily), I've been feeling so, so lost and as Yvonne says, "Satan wants to discourage us and make us feel like losers, if we are having a hard time recalling our verses, so we might be tempted to just stop trying...let's not give up!" And for a moment there I did feel myself starting to give up, but that made my current troubles seem all that greater; I need God everyday of my life, I cannot do it alone, so Yvonne thank you for your words and as you say, "His Word is powerful, healing, encouraging, the Truth. Let's cling to Christ, He is the WORD!" Thank you. Please keep me in your prayers.
"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life. neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither hight nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~Romans 8:37 NIV
Trust in the Lord with all your heart” (Proverbs 3:5, NIV).
I know this is a very short verse,but I think sometimes it gets overlooked. It's all about Him. It's all about trusting Him with everything and with everyone we love. It's about giving freely what we have and love and allowing Him to do whatever He needs to do,even if it means allowing us to suffer. I trust in His love.
1. “For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth.” (Job 19:25)
2. Today, my heart and mind are being filled with "remembering the LORD". It's spring break, I want to be intentional about remebering Christ and why we celebrate this Holy Week. I will be on a journey this week to remember Him daily on my personal blog, if you'd like to join me! Here's the link, tomorrow we go back to Genesis 1: http://mdanisi.blogspot.com/
Good Morning!
This time I am memorizing one of my favorite sets of verses in all of Scripture. They are always on the edge of my knowledge, but I have to look them up to get them right. I love, love, love Isaiah after spending a year and a half studying this book with wonderful ladies, so my heart feels full this morning as I've spent time finally memorizing these verses. I definitely think that these two verses perfectly summarize/capture the might of the Lord and His tenderness with us.
"Behold, the Lord God will come with might, with His arm ruling for Him. Behold, His reward is with Him and His recompense before Him. Like a shepherd He will tend His flock, in His arm He will gather the lambs and carry them in His bosom; He will gently lead the nursing ewes." (Isaiah 40:10-11)
Bethany ~ I am so sorry for the loss on earth of your dear friend. I will pray for you and her family, that the Lord would bring you comfort in the midst of your heartache and that you would feel near to Him.
"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart"
Jeremiah 29:13
This verse has already been on my mind lately,but I feel that I still need to meditate on it and follow through with what it says. At the Beth Moore conference one of her "8 While We Wait" was to go look for your heart where you lost it. I am still processing through what this means, but I'm realizing that my walk with Christ has been numb and stale. I feel like I did lose my heart and until the conference when she spoke those words of truth did I finally realize that I had lost my heart. I never lost the faith or my meager attempt at pursing God, but I had lost my passion for God. So, my prayer is that I meditate on this verse and fall back in love with Jesus. I can think of no better time than Easter to fall in love with Him.
Oh and for those of you who were at the conference in Fresno, I am listening to "All My Fountains" as I type this. What a great song and so refreshing for my soul!
1 Peter 1:3
"Blessed be God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, according to His great mercy He has caused us to be born again in the living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,"
It was awesome meeting many of you the the LPL conference over our picnic lunch. Let it Rain in the dry season and the Autumn and Spring. Let it Rain by Michael W. Smith takes this song to the next level. I have hid Ps. 97:1-6 in my heart this semester and was ready to burst out at the conference with these verses. enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucWK6fkGsAE
I am feeling eager today. I get to pick up Amber this am from church after serving our valley for 4 days and I am excited to celebrate our risen Savior as a family this weekend. I too have a heavy heart for a new friend who seeks the spiritual things in life, things that are good, but since his college years, denounces God and His saving grace. I so hoped to see his life pronounce salvation... not going to stop praying for him and I would ask that if you feel led, you would join in with me.
Have a beautiful Easter! viv
My heart is so full after reading each of your comments and thankful that we can struggle together, have victory in Christ together, cry together, and be real! I am in awe of the Lord as I savor the ministry that is happening in and through these comments. I feel honored to be apart of each of your lives. The verses that you chose challenged me, blessed me, and encouraged me. You spur me on to love Jesus more!
Brian and I were in Texas this last week and I tried to post my verse before I left, but I think I closed my computer before it completed the process.
Isaiah 55:10-11 NIV
As the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: it does not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
I feel like a nap would be refreshing at the same moment my heart is overjoyed to have 11 Bibles in my home as a gift from one of you, to give to students in Melissa's public school classroom, who asked for the Book of God! O LORD, I believe You to accomplish what You desire through Your Word as each of these precious children opens Your Word...You only speak with intention and to accomplish something. You don't waste one Word! O to be life You! We glory in Your Majesty!
Love you ladies! I am thankful for you!
Post a Comment