Can you believe we are on verse 7 already? Now we have six verses to be reviewing daily and one to hide deeply in our heart. If memorizing is hard for you, don't get bogged down in it, let the Lord minister to you through His powerful Word. When we meditate, intentionally think again and again on His Truth, He changes us. Satan wants to discourage us and make us feel like losers, if we are having a hard time recalling our verses, so we might be tempted to just stop trying...let's not give up! His Word is powerful, healing, encouraging, the Truth. Let's cling to Christ, He is the WORD!
This is the first time we are sharing our verses on the blog, so click on "comment" and write our verses out!
14 comments:
Jeremiah 31:34
"No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the LORD. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."
O how amazed I am that my Covenant Keeping God allows me, the least of them, to know HIM! The fact that He has forgiven me and remembers my sin no more, leaves me in awe. Glory!
"Therefore, putting aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness, in humility receive the Word implanted, which is able to to save your souls." James 1:21
We are all "receiving the Word implanted" aren't we? What a blessing to have this challenge and be meditating on God's Word throughout the day.
With His love, Adele
Hello Friends,
Isn't this blog wonderful? Thank you Yvonne
Verse #7
"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things."Philippians 4:4-8
I praise you Lord for your Word!
Viv
"for the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught." Proverbs 3:26
I blogged as to why I chose this scripture . . .
http://www.mdanisi.blogspot.com/
Hello! Thank you all for allowing me to join you ~ I feel honored and am excited to memorize God's Word alongside you!
"How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Your word. With all my heart I have sought You; Do not let me wander from Your commandments. Your word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against You. Blessed are You, O Lord; teach me Your statutes."
Psalm 119:9-12
Oh Lord, please let this be true of me, that I would seek you with all of my heart , treasuring Your word!
With love,
Jen
Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides You.”
-Psalm 73:25 ESV
I couldn't have said these words and meant them 5 months ago....God showed me His glory and His greatness....I will never forget that in His glory,there is no thought of anyone else I have lost to death,but only the deepest desire to see His face when I enter Heaven.
Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near. Isiah 55:6, NIV
Right now, this verse feels just right! It's right where I need to be and just meditate on it! Slow, easy and seeking the Lord....I think I can handle that!
Betty, Psalm 73 was one of my previous verses, it is very powerful, humbling, comforting, peaceful and perfect to be meditating on, will pray that he continues to draw you near!
Thank you Yvonne for setting this up.I would like to say welcome aboard Jen ,glad you joined us.My scripture this time is back to Psalm 91:1He that dwelleth in the secret placeshall abide under theshadowof the ALMIGHTY.That is where i want to stay in the shelter of His arms.
You can tell I need to really learn that verse I didn't even type it right lol.Let me try again. Psalm 91:1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most HIGH shall abide under the shadow of the ALMIGHTY.now to really get this verse right & in my spirit.love & prayers ....Sue
I love that we are connected via this blog now. I think that it will be easier than email :)
I've been behind in checking in with you ladies but after spending the weekend in God's Word and in sweet fellowship mixed with some serious contemplation and renewed commitment, I am jumping back in full-hearted.
Verse #7 is taken from our weekend at LPL
James 5:7-9 (ESV)
"Be patient, therefore, brothers (sisters), until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and late rains. You also, be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand. Do not grumble against one another, brothers, so that you may not be judges; behold, the Judge is standing at the door."
I'm going to continue next time with the remaining verses. I just really want to cement this passage in my mind so as not to forget what the Lord spoke to me at the event. I'll share more with you ladies on the LPL post!
Bethany, I am so glad you are jumping back in full-hearted! I can't wait to hear what the Lord taught you from last weekend. Christina shared with me yesterday what the Lord is teaching her from James and it strengthened my faith! So let's testify of what the word from the Lord is for us! What an encouragement!
I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that was given you in Christ Jesus, that in every way you were enriched in him in all speech and knowledge--even as the testimony about Christ was confirmed among you--so that you are not lacking in any spiritual gift, as you wait for the revealing of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
1 Corinthians 1:4-9
Christ sustains! And He is ours forever.
I know I am a week behind, but here goes anyway!
For your maker is your husband, the LORD Almighty is his name- the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; He is called the God of all the earth.
Isaiah 54:5
Love, Amy
Good evening wonderful ladies,
I just wanted to apologize for neglecting one of my priorities in life at this moment, memorizing scripture. Because I haven't put time into this (and let alone reading The Word daily), I've been feeling so, so lost and as Yvonne says, "Satan wants to discourage us and make us feel like losers, if we are having a hard time recalling our verses, so we might be tempted to just stop trying...let's not give up!" And for a moment there I did feel myself starting to give up, but that made my current troubles seem all that greater; I need God everyday of my life, I cannot do it alone, so Yvonne thank you for your words and as you say, "His Word is powerful, healing, encouraging, the Truth. Let's cling to Christ, He is the WORD!" Thank you. Please keep me in your prayers.
My #7 verse is as follows:
"But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one." 2 Thessalonians 3:3 NIV
God WILL strengthen me and He WILL protect me! Thank You God for Your promises.
Post a Comment