Good Evening Friends!
I am so encouraged to see you memorizing God's Word! May we take time to listen to Him daily! I am desperate for the LORD's Words to permeate every fiber of my being. Renew our minds Jesus! We feast on You!
1. What is your verse? Why did you choose it?
2. Has the Lord answered anything you have asked of Him in the last couple of weeks with a yes, no, or not yet?
3. You are a delight! Just wanted you to know!
5 comments:
You, Yvonne, are a delight...and I miss you!! Thank you for your diligence in leading us toward Jesus and His precious Word. Your commitment to our group is so appreciated!!
The Lord is talking to me about being patient. He has shown me that He hears my spoken and unspoken prayers over and over. There is no "permanent" job for Greg yet...but God gives us bridges to walk over (side jobs...possible leads...) and He holds our hands as we wait for what's next.
"But now, this is what the Lord says,
He who created you O Jacob,
He who formed you O Israel;
Fear not, for I have redeemed you,
I have summoned you by name you are mine!
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
When you pass through the rivers,
They will not sweep over you,
When you walk through the fire,
You will not be burned.
The flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord your God!
I give Egypt for your randsom,
Cush and Seba in your stead.
Since you are PRECIOUS and HONORED in my sight,
And because I LOVE YOU.~"
Isaiah 43:1-4
1. “19 Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." (Matt 6:19-21)
I chose this verse as a goal for where I want to be in my study time by August 1st in the Sermon on the Mount.
2. All of those! I have heard yes, no, and not yet. Many things I'm praying about for these next few months asking what HE wants of my hands, feet, mind, and heart. I've also asked to be able to share about my trip to Israel and I've been able to with neighbors, doctors, friends, etc What an opportunity to share about Jesus!! That's been the best ever.
I am so encouraged by each of you as you share your heart and verses!
1. James 2:17-18 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds and I will show you my faith by what I do.
2. I am expectantly waiting on the Lord for some things!
I am sticking with my same verse...
"Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and give no oppurtunity to the devil."- Ephesians 4:26-27
1. "Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. To draw near to listen is better than to offer the sacrifice of fools, for they do not know that they are doing evil. Be not rash with your mouth, nor let your heart be hasty to utter a word before God, for God is in heaven and you are on earth. Therefore let your words be few." Ecclesiastes 5:1-2
I chose this verse because my life group and I just started going through the book "Crazy Love" together. This verse was in the first chapter of the workbook to help us evaluate our prayer life. I often rush into prayer without thinking too much about what I'm saying and asking for things that I shouldn't be and forgetting to just revel in his glory and worship him. I need to stop talking AT God and start talking TO Him and be more in awe of his presence.
2. Yes he has answered many prayers and some I'm not sure about yet.
3. Thanks Yvonne! You are a delight as well! :)
Post a Comment