Sunday, July 1, 2012

July 1st-Post your Verse!

Hello Pilgrimagers!


As summer is in full swing, this is a call to rise up and let's not lose heart in memorizing God's Word!  Some of you have shared that you have fallen off the bandwagon.  Here is an invitation to jump back on!  Let's not shrink back!  You are loved here and there is no guilt or condemnation...let's encourage one another and spur each other on in Christ and one way to do that is by letting each other know we are not alone in this disciplined journey of Scripture memory!


Don't hesitate for a moment to memorize a verse someone else is already doing. God's Word is for each of us!  Let's not give the Devil any more ground in our lives.  


My verses for the month of July are James 2:12-13 NIV


Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment!


O how I need mercy and it is my heart's desire to give it!


Here is goes, let's do this:


1.  What verse are you going to write down and hide in your heart?


2.  Why did you choose it?


3.  How can we pray for you?


4.  What is one thing going on in your life?  Happy, hard, simple etc?


Melissa, welcome home from Israel!

10 comments:

Viv Donat said...

James 1:12 "Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial , for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life which God has promised to those who love Him."

I know that trials are a big part of life. Such a big part that I want to remember well to humbly stand strong with my maker through them all and to be able to share this verse with others

Our family is all together this week again and relatives are coming to celebrate the 4th. Looking forward to this week.

Stacia said...

I missed memorizing my verse these last two weeks, or better yet I should say that I kept putting it off. But I am going to continue in James.

"The brother in humble circumstances ought to take pride in his high position. But the one who is rich should take pride in his low position, because he will pass away like a wildflower." James 1:9-10, NIV.

I am not doing the James Beth Moore study like it seems everyone else who is memorizing James is doing, but I am in it because I needed a huge reminder that trials only lead me to my Lord and I need to look to Him for strength and sustenance.

Melissa Danisi said...

1. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." (Matthew 5:17)

2. I stepped away from memorizing Sermon on the Mount the last month because the LORD was teaching me about Sabbath. So I'm continuing on! And what a perfect place to pick back up after learning so much in Israel. Jesus is our fulfillment!

3. Discernment in all the many many many things I want to do with my time to serve the LORD. Father what is it YOU would want me to do? Not my will, but Your will be done.

4. July will be a month of reflection, rest, and seeking the LORD. I am so excited to spend much more time with the Father!

Thanks for welcoming me home! Friends, Israel was amazing! In fact, I wish there was a better word for it than amazing. I already long to go back! Can't wait for the New Jerusalem!

Tami Anderson said...

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him." James 1:5

I am memorizing this verse because I need a reminder of this promise in my life at this time.

I need prayer for my health at this time. I have Sjogren's Syndrome, and I have been feeling very fatigued. It is frustrating to me.

I am happy that my family and I will be going to Maui in August to help celebrate my parent's 50th wedding anniversary.

Ann said...

1. Psalm 63 1-8
O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you
my soul thirsts for you in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.
Because your love is better than life my lips will glorify you.
I will praise you as long as I live and in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods with singing lips my mouth will praise you!!

2. Following the miracle of Brett's healing, my desire is simply to praise Him and love Him more. Although I love Jesus, my goal is to fall even more in love with him this summer....I think it is the only appropriate response.

3. I haven't been on here in a long time, so I may not know some of you....my youngest son Brett was hit by a car and miraculously survived and was healed. We are also in the process of adopting from Jamaica....so my prayer requests would be for both of those sons...for Brett's continued healing of his leg (has a severe limp still) and for our son that we do not know yet, who is lying in an orphanage not being held and loved like he should be- that he would be cared for, held, cuddled, tickled, fed and that he would feel the love of Christ until we can get to him.

Katy Merrill said...

I accidently posted this in may just now! Lol but here it is...

Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and give no opportunity to the devil. (Ephesians 4:26, 27 ESV)

I chose this verse because I have anger problems. When I was younger I learned to keep my hurts bottled up inside and not allow myself to become vulnerable. When I do this I end up exploding eventually... Usually on my husband. I am trying to remain accountable and aware of this, so I can finally put an end to it!

You can pray for this! :)

Chris and I are training for a half marathon... It if fun, yet challenging!

Mandy said...

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." Romans 12:12

I choice this verse because I get upset when things aren't going well and have a hard time seeing past the present. This is a good reminder to be hopeful for the future and God's promise and rejoice because of it. I am also having a hard time being patient with things in life and once again, this is a good reminder. And lastly, constant prayer is the best reminder of all. I know that praying to God can help me get through anything. Through prayer God can remind me to be hopeful and patient.

I have a praise. Some family members that weren't speaking to us much are now doing so because through prayer, God's grace, and forgiveness, healing has begun. God is faithful!

I could use prayer for patience with work. It gets difficult running your own business. Lots of stress.

My family and I are going to the coast this week (for the 4th) and I can't wait!

Unknown said...

1.) "You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you." (Nehemiah 9:6)

2.) I chose this verse because I am doing the Beth Moore Siesta Summer Bible Study 2012 and we are studying the Book of Nehemiah. This verse struck me the most out of the readings of Nehemiah because it shows Our Creators perfect ability, his meticulous thought, and His loving kindness. There is NO ONE like Him!

3.) I ask for prayer to stay strong in my walk with the Lord. I work from home, go to school from home, and raise my 3 children at home. I do not have many sources of community here even after being here for 2 years. I need fellowship, I need other women, and I need strength to stay on path and grow in the LORD...to keep Him the center of everything I do, and praise Him for each step He helps me to take.

4.) I am having a summer that involves much growing! I just found a Bible study group about 30 minutes away from me that I will be meeting with every 2 weeks and so I hope that will help to grow my community and strength in follow through. I also am doing Bible study at home on my own, and taking a class at the church. I am entering the volunteer ministry at my church to visit the sick, help the needy, and protect the abused. All of these are close to my heart as I have been a victim of each one of them. I was healed by the LORD of a terminal cancer, and He has a plan for me to walk the earth awhile longer, using my new life and strength to profoundly give to and serve others! I am so blessed!

Lisa said...

Happy Summer Ladies ~

I allowed myself a summer break. June thru July 4th was all about enjoying our family & the sunshine. I'm back and will jump right in during the next verse posting time.

Traci said...

"May the Lord lead your hearts into a full understanding and expression of the love of God and the patient endurance that comes from Christ." II Thess. 3:5