As we pursue Christ by hiding God's Word in our
hearts, may this blog be a source of encouragement
to each, that we are in this together, believing the
LORD to conform us to the image of His Son.
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Posting Day!
Good Afternoon!
1. How are you doing mind? body? spirit?
2. How can we as a team pray for you in August?
3. What is your verse? How can you live it this week?
I love you! I am grateful to journey together on this pilgrimage of faith!
I always feel refreshed during the summer. I am outside every chance that I get which makes being a faithful blog reader nearly impossible. I apologize.
August prayers: considering becoming home owners again. Please pray for financial wisdom and that God would provide in His timing.
2 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always,pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
My mind...racing one minute and calmed the next. A bit up and down in my thoughts lately. My body...feeling good :) My spirit...waiting and trusting and loving moments when I quiet enough to be held.
I'd love it if you would pray for wisdom and joy as my husband Greg continues in his journey toward getting a job. I ask for patience and the ability to love those around me better. I can be so quick to get angry...which stems from the real problem, a fear of not being in control. Would you pray this scripture for me? "Perfect love casts out all fear". Thank you!
My verse... Proverbs 12:18 "Reckless words pierce like a sword, But the tongue of the wise brings healing."
My mind...racing one minute and calmed the next. A bit up and down in my thoughts lately. My body...feeling good :) My spirit...waiting and trusting and loving moments when I quiet enough to be held.
I'd love it if you would pray for wisdom and joy as my husband Greg continues in his journey toward getting a job. I ask for patience and the ability to love those around me better. I can be so quick to get angry...which stems from the real problem, a fear of not being in control. Would you pray this scripture for me? "Perfect love casts out all fear". Thank you!
My verse... Proverbs 12:18 "Reckless words pierce like a sword, But the tongue of the wise brings healing."
Lisa, welcome back! Glad your summer has been fun and relaxing!
Traci, may the Lord's love permeate every fiber of your being today! I remember my mom teaching me this Proverb when I was little...o the power of the tongue!
1. Mind-resting in the reality of the love of Jesus. Body-feel tired as I walk with loved ones through hard things Spirit-refreshed. He is so good at ministering to my soul!
2. Ashlyn heads off to college this next week. I would love if you would lift our family up to Jesus in this transition. Also, we have a friend who just moved in with us and so desire her to feel so loved!
3. Finishing up chapter two of James: verses 25-26 In the same way, was not Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave the spies lodging and sent them off in a different direction? As the body is dead without the spirit, so faith without deeds is dead.
Love you ladies! Grateful for you and your pursuit of Jesus and how it spurs me on!
1. Mind-Asking the LORD to renew my mind and give me capacity to continue learning and memorizing Matthew 5. Always lots of ideas floating around, asking for stillness and discernment. Body-My legs are sore (thank you work out video) but I'm getting stronger! Spirit-Feeling so refreshed! Summer is such a sweet time with the LORD, grateful for time to rest in Him.
2. Wisdom and discernment for fall. Going for surgery 8/14, hoping doctors can figure out why we're not able to get pregnant. Wisdom there too!
3. I am reviewing & continuing Matthew 5:1-32. Yvonne asked me to say my verses out loud and it made me realize I need to go back (not just forward) and refresh my verses from earlier.
Mind...Trusting God and so thankful He has revealed Himself in so many ways in my life.
Body...Old but not worn out yet.
Spirit...The Lord spoke 3 words to me early in the morning. He said "Count your sheep". I didn't understand what He meant. I am no shepherd. I have no sheep. I am no leader. What did He mean? Were those words for me or for someone else? Someone very wise pointed out to me that I "am" a shepherd to someone I had considered only a burden....my mother. I have my children and grandchildren that I play a major role in their lives...but I never thought of my mother as one of my sheep. I see myself as a shepherd now and that if I remember I am working for God and none other, it is so much easier to do. I am so thankful He has opened my eyes with this blessing of 3 words. So thankful.
I ask prayers for my 3 grandsons who do not know God and have stepped in to darkness and one of them sees no way out. I pray for their safety and for God to send someone into their lives that turns them to Christ and to the light that only He provides.
Come and listen, all you who fear God, and I will tell you what He did for me (Psalm 66:16).
I will tell someone of the wondrous things God has done for me this week.
Oh Betty, thanks for sharing! I love that God gave you those words! He is so beautiful ~ how He talks to us so intimately! You are the fragrance of Christ, Betty~ I hope we can meet someday. :)
9 comments:
Hello ladies!
I am finally back...
I always feel refreshed during the summer. I am outside every chance that I get which makes being a faithful blog reader nearly impossible. I apologize.
August prayers: considering becoming home owners again. Please pray for financial wisdom and that God would provide in His timing.
2 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice always,pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
My mind...racing one minute and calmed the next. A bit up and down in my thoughts lately.
My body...feeling good :)
My spirit...waiting and trusting and loving moments when I quiet enough to be held.
I'd love it if you would pray for wisdom and joy as my husband Greg continues in his journey toward getting a job. I ask for patience and the ability to love those around me better. I can be so quick to get angry...which stems from the real problem, a fear of not being in control. Would you pray this scripture for me? "Perfect love casts out all fear". Thank you!
My verse... Proverbs 12:18
"Reckless words pierce like a sword,
But the tongue of the wise brings healing."
My mind...racing one minute and calmed the next. A bit up and down in my thoughts lately.
My body...feeling good :)
My spirit...waiting and trusting and loving moments when I quiet enough to be held.
I'd love it if you would pray for wisdom and joy as my husband Greg continues in his journey toward getting a job. I ask for patience and the ability to love those around me better. I can be so quick to get angry...which stems from the real problem, a fear of not being in control. Would you pray this scripture for me? "Perfect love casts out all fear". Thank you!
My verse... Proverbs 12:18
"Reckless words pierce like a sword,
But the tongue of the wise brings healing."
Lisa, welcome back! Glad your summer has been fun and relaxing!
Traci, may the Lord's love permeate every fiber of your being today! I remember my mom teaching me this Proverb when I was little...o the power of the tongue!
1. Mind-resting in the reality of the love of Jesus.
Body-feel tired as I walk with loved ones through hard things
Spirit-refreshed. He is so good at ministering to my soul!
2. Ashlyn heads off to college this next week. I would love if you would lift our family up to Jesus in this transition. Also, we have a friend who just moved in with us and so desire her to feel so loved!
3. Finishing up chapter two of James: verses 25-26
In the same way, was not Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave the spies lodging and sent them off in a different direction? As the body is dead without the spirit, so faith without deeds is dead.
Love you ladies! Grateful for you and your pursuit of Jesus and how it spurs me on!
1. Mind-Asking the LORD to renew my mind and give me capacity to continue learning and memorizing Matthew 5. Always lots of ideas floating around, asking for stillness and discernment.
Body-My legs are sore (thank you work out video) but I'm getting stronger!
Spirit-Feeling so refreshed! Summer is such a sweet time with the LORD, grateful for time to rest in Him.
2. Wisdom and discernment for fall. Going for surgery 8/14, hoping doctors can figure out why we're not able to get pregnant. Wisdom there too!
3. I am reviewing & continuing Matthew 5:1-32. Yvonne asked me to say my verses out loud and it made me realize I need to go back (not just forward) and refresh my verses from earlier.
Mind...Trusting God and so thankful He has revealed Himself in so many ways in my life.
Body...Old but not worn out yet.
Spirit...The Lord spoke 3 words to me early in the morning. He said "Count your sheep". I didn't understand what He meant. I am no shepherd. I have no sheep. I am no leader. What did He mean? Were those words for me or for someone else? Someone very wise pointed out to me that I "am" a shepherd to someone I had considered only a burden....my mother. I have my children and grandchildren that I play a major role in their lives...but I never thought of my mother as one of my sheep. I see myself as a shepherd now and that if I remember I am working for God and none other, it is so much easier to do. I am so thankful He has opened my eyes with this blessing of 3 words. So thankful.
I ask prayers for my 3 grandsons who do not know God and have stepped in to darkness and one of them sees no way out. I pray for their safety and for God to send someone into their lives that turns them to Christ and to the light that only He provides.
Come and listen, all you who fear God, and I will tell you what He did for me (Psalm 66:16).
I will tell someone of the wondrous things God has done for me this week.
Oh Betty, thanks for sharing! I love that God gave you those words! He is so beautiful ~ how He talks to us so intimately! You are the fragrance of Christ, Betty~ I hope we can meet someday. :)
Yes,Traci, He is so intimate with us. I don't take the time to listen quietly...so I am glad he woke me up. He is so wonderfully good!
Betty, I just saw this. You are precious! To the Lord and me! Thank you for sharing. What a gift to be apart of this team.
Post a Comment