Thursday, November 17, 2011

Welcome Katy!


We have a new lady who to cheer onto our team! Katy we are thrilled we get to hide God's Word in our heart with you!

I asked Katy to share a bit about herself and her desire to memorize the Word:

Thank you for having me! Its been on my heart for a while now how important it is to memorize scripture to guard our hearts. I didn't know where to get started, and I really just needed the accountability. When Mandy told me what she was doing I thought it was too good to be true! I am so excited for this opportunity!

My sweet husband and I have been married for nine months now. On December 17th we are making the trek up North to Manteca to set our roots down. I'm not sure what I will do career wise there, but I really just have a heart for hospitality: I love cooking, baking, and caring for others. As a young girl I was very lost and vulnerable; I hope to one day be able to speak truth and love into girl's lives. Off the bat I am kind of shy, but I love getting to know people one on one. I think it is extremly important to equip ourselves with scripture to live in this world where spiritual battles are happening all around us. In referenece to memorizing scripture... a friend once told me that Jesus was tempted for 40 days and what helped get him through was the scripture that he recited back to satan. I want to be able to evangelize and love on nonbelievers and I need to store scripture in my mind to be able to do that.

Thanks!!

Love, Katy

3 comments:

Melissa Danisi said...

Hey, I know Katy AND I love Katy! Yay!!

Vivian Donat said...

Hi Katy,
I am Vivian and we are partners. I can't wait to share in scripture memorization with you .

I love to cook, and bake and care for others too. I am up on you by 20 years in marriage. Sounds like I'm way old saying that. Whew, I don't feel it. Anyways welcome to the team and I will be texting my verse very soon to you. Feel free to text anytime over any thing. Blessings, Vivian or you can call me viv

bethany said...

Hi Katy,
I'm Bethany and I live in Modesto. I've not been very active on this team but want to get back into it. Maybe we could meet up sometime :) I know that Vivian is your memory partner but if you are interested in having another memrory partner I am game :)