Saturday, October 15, 2011

Memory Verse #20!!!

Can you believe that we are at the big 2 0? You have worked so hard to have the Truth be at the forefront of your mind. I am so proud of you!

Here we are: October 15th and time to post our next verse. I am continuing on in Psalm 84.

1. What is your verse?

2. How have you seen the Lord today?

3. What did you eat for lunch?

Love and grace to you! Let's not stop now! Keep trucking and memorizing together!

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

1. Psalm 84:8
Hear my prayer, O LORD God Almighty; listen to me, O God of Jacob. Selah

2. I have seen the Lord in Ashlyn, my daughter, today. She loves Jesus deeply and our interactions point me to the Lord!

3. Ashlyn and I went to Panera Bread and I had black bean soup with a baguette to celebrate Ashlyn finishing her first college final! I love to celebrate the big and little things in life!

Melissa Danisi said...

1. Continuing with Philippians 1:9-11 "And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God."

2. In community. Today, we went to the fair with friends from church and from life group and ran into at least 12 more from church/life group there! When we moved back to Fresno, we prayed for significant relationships. It was amazing to see Him answer prayer and know that He delights in his children doing life together and having fun!

3. I ate a disgustingly huge and buttery soft pretzel. Again, I was at the fair, so we all ate horrible food today!

Tami Anderson said...

I am still memorizing Philippians 1:6 from last time.

I have seen the Lord in an answer to prayer that our dog's illness wasn't as bad as the vet originally thought.

3. I had a pulled pork sandwich, mashed potatoes, and a green salad.

Stacia said...

1. and whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the father through him. Colossians 3:17

2. I see the Lord in my sister, Meredith. She is leaning on God day by day and holding to his promises.

3. We met friends for lunch at Broilers and I had a gyro..yum!

Anonymous said...

From Vivian:
Good Morning SMT,

You have only heard from me a few times over the past 4 months or so. It has been my loss as I have not stayed true to memorizing as I had hoped. Admittedly, I need to review and refresh what I have memorized this year. I will press on. Here is verse #20 (not sure what number it really is for me) Luke 9:23 "And He said to all, if anyone would come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow me."

How am I doing in the Word and with the Lord? I know that I can always do better. I am in the Word daily because of requirements from a class I am in called Academy. We are studying the Old Testament this semester. I have sat in Genisis, Exodus and Leviticus and wow were things different back then. I am wrestling with the to do's and don'ts from the Old Testament and the freedom we have in Christ as He no longer calls us to many of those requirements. It's been good. My walk with the Lord: I want to reflect the Lord in all I do. It is a deliberate and daily act that I have to set my mind on. Hence Luke 9:23 reminds me of that.

Many significant changes this Fall have taken place in my life. That has been good and hard. I have a passion about certain ministries and I have felt the Lord calling me out of them. Not bad but hard because I miss the relationships in them. I have felt that the Lord is preparing our home and our hearts for something really big coming our way. This has been awesome as my husband and I are seeking Him together through prayer for these upcoming changes. We know it is just a matter of time when another child or 2 will enter our home that is homeless and abandoned. It's an anticipation that I know will change our lives and our kids lives for the better. It's a preparation that you must fully rely on God for. It is a very good place to be. We covet your prayers for news we are right now awaiting for.

Anonymous said...

1. "In the morning, O Lord, You will hear my voice; In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch." Psalm 5:3

2. I have seen the Lord through His word today as He reveals new truths to my heart, and in the beautiful new fall morning here at Hume Lake.

3. No lunch yet, just a delightful cup of coffee so far on the day (I'm not a morning person, but the promise of this cup each day while spending time in the Word makes me look forward to each new day!). :)