Thursday, September 1, 2011

Memory Verse # 17

We welcome you September 1st! I can't wait for the fall. It has been cooling off here in Fresno, into the 90's this week!

Some of you have said, "I haven't memorized one verse." That's ok! You can start now! Any time we take time to allow God's Word to sink deeply into our hearts is a a great time! Today is a new day.
Find a verse, it can be one that someone else has chosen.
Write it on a 3x5.
Read it out loud slowly.
Read it out loud again slowly, asking the Lord to reveal who He is and His Truth.
Take one phrase and say it out loud over and over and intentionally remembering that the Lord is speaking directly to you through His Word!
It helps me to keep my verse with me throughout the week. I carry it around the house and in the car and sometimes on my desk at work.

We can do this! By the LORD's power and grace. He wants us to know Him! Isn't that fantastic!

I am thankful for you today. May we sense His real Presence in our lives as we look to Him all day long.

1. What is your verse 17 or your 1st?
2. Why did you choose it?
3. How are you going to live it? (What are some practical things you can do to live what your verse says?)

If you are participating in the Living Proof Memory Team, the title above is a direct link. You can simply click on it.

If you have a hard time posting in the comment section, you can email me and I would love to post it for you! Each of us would love to read where the Lord has you and what you are memorizing.

YOU ARE LOVED COMPLETELY BY JESUS CHRIST!

7 comments:

Melissa Danisi said...

1. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." (Philippians 4:8)

2. I always quote this scripture like this "Whatever is true, whatever is lovely, whatever is good . . . blah blah blah, you know that scripture?" I lose it after the first "whatever" and I'd like to know what it really says!

3. I will live it by saying it to myself. I was convicted of grumbling over my new job and how it's been going, and then I received my first paycheck. I was immediately humbled and thankful at how our LORD provides. I had to apologize for my ungrateful heart and my eyes that were looking at all that has gone wrong, rather than thinking about "whatever is true, lovely, etc." So I will ask the LORD to change my perspective and help me to thing on these things!

Tami Anderson said...

Tami Anderson said...

1. "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today." (Matthew 6:34 NLT)

2. I am memorizing this verse because I have a tendency to either focus on the past or worry about the future. I want to start living this verse.

3. I will live it by living in the present moment, and by truly focusing on the person I'm with or the project I'm doing. I will also say the verse everyday to remind me that I need to live for today.

Vivian Donat said...

Proverbs 16:3 "Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established."

I picked this verse today because I want all that I do to be unto the Lord.

I will live by it by proclaiming it. I start my school year off with a new student and more to come. Then, housework and yardwork. All the duties I have, I want to do honorably unto the Lord.

Anonymous said...

1. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

2. I chose this verse because lately I have been having a hard time trusting in the Lord and his plans for my life.

3. I will actively remind myself to trust in the Lord and not try to reason on my own why things are the way they are.

<3, Mandy

Yvonne said...

1. Psalm 84:5 Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.

2. I am continuing on memorizing Psalm 84. I love this whole chapter.

3. I will actively recall the truth that He is my strength and with this confidence of knowing Him this way, my response will supernaturally be bliss in Him. I will fix my eyes on Jesus, the Author and Perfector of my faith and know that I am on a long journey with a purpose! Lord, renew my mind!

I love reading each comment and am grateful we are together in this thing called real life!

Anonymous said...

1. Proverbs 16:3:Commit to the Lord whatever you do,and he will establish your plans.

2. I read this verse the other day on facebook and it seemed to jump out to me. I have 2 teenage grandsons who have begun sharing my house and my life with me and I feel overwhelmed most of the time.

3. I hope to live this by my actions towards them and by trusting God to guide their way,which is my every prayer for them.

sue said...

SORRY LADIES FOR NOT POSTING MY VERSES THE LAST FEW WEEKS BUT I HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH THE FIRE BUT THE WORD SAID THAT WE WILL PASS THROUGHT THE FIRE & NOT BE BURNED& THE WATERS WILL NOT OVER FLOW US.I CAME THROUGH THE FIRE & WAS NOT BURNED & I DID NOT DROWN IN THE WATER SOMETIMES I FELT LIKE I WAS BUT GOD IS FAITHFUL!MY VERSE THAT I HAVE STOOD ON THESE LAST FEW WEEKS IS FOUND IM ,MATT. 18:19 AGAIN I SAY UNTO YOU,THAT IF TWO OF YOU SHALL AGREE ON EARTH AS TOUCHING ANY THING THAT THEY SHALL ASK, IT SHALL BE DONE FOR THEM OF MY FATHER WHICH IS IN HEAVEN.I AM FINDING OUT HOW POWERFUL THAT VERSE IS B/C MY FRIEND THAT LIVES HERE IN DENISON & MY SPECIAL FRIEND BETTY HASPRAYED FOR ME & WE HAVE CAME INTO AGREMENT,& I HAVE SEEN GOD MOVE & I KNOW THAT IT WAS INDEED A MIRACLE THE WAY GOD HAS ANSWERED PRAYER,I WILL CONTINUE TO KEEP PRAYING LIKE THAT WHEN THERE IS A SPECIAL NEED B/C THERE IS POWER IN PRAYER! I HAVE A VERY SPECIAL PRAYER REQUEST,MY FRIEND'S DAUGHTER N LAW UST FOUND OUT LAST MONTH THAT SHE HAS BREAST CANCER,SHE HAD SURGERY IN TULSA THEY REMOVED 1/2 OF HER BREASTSHE HAS TO HAVE TREATMENTSB/C THERE ARE STILL SOME SMALL CANCER CELLS BUT HE DOESN'T SEE ANY PROBLEMS,IN THE MEAN TIME HER & HER HUSBAND OF 16 YRS.STARTED HAVING TROUBLE THE LAST 6MTS.HE WAS GOING TO STAY WITH HER & TRY TO HELP SUPPORT HER EMOTIONALY & ANY OTHER WAY HE CAN BUT SHE HAS DECIDED THAT SHE WANTS TO GO HOME TO HER MOTHER, THEY HAVE 2 KIDS A SON 14 & A DAUGHTER 11 SO PLEASE PRAY FOR THEM,I KNOW THAT GOD CAN & WILL RESTORE IF WE ALLOW HIM TO. SO THANKS SO MUCH.LOVE IN CHRIST...SUE