Monday, August 15, 2011

Memory Verse # 16!

Good Afternoon Friends!
Are you ready for your 16th verse? I am heading to take Julianne, our 15 year old, to walk thru registration at school in a couple of minutes, so this will be a quick check in for me.

1. What is your verse for the last half of August?
2. Why did you choose it?
3. What is a "next step" in your life you need to take to walk more intimately with Jesus?

I love you!

You can click on the title of this post if you are posting your verse on the Living Proof Site as well. It will lead you there.

10 comments:

Tami Anderson said...

Tami Anderson said,
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
(Joshua 1:9)
2. I am memorizing this verse because I am going to be working in a new place this year with new people. If I am honest, I tend to be a little fearful going into new situations. I need to be reminded that God is with me and He is in control.
3. I need to look for things to be thankful for every day as a reminder that Jesus is with me and he gives me everything I need. I need the next step to be that only He gives the water that satisfies.I feel being thankful will help me with this.

Charlotte said...

For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, then I shall know fully, even as i am fully known.
1 Corinthians 13:12
I love this verse because it's the one I've overlooked countless times after reading the famous "Love chapter" that is 1 Corinthians 13.
God knows us. He knows me, fully and completely. And although my perspective now is small and dim, I can rejoice in the promise that I will see my Lord face to face, and know him fully.
I have felt the Lord calling me to a deeper prayer life with Him for quite some time now. It's so easy to turn to the tangible, and not to the Lord. Im praying that He will show me what I need to do to make that a bigger part of my life, and what changes need to be made in my heart.

Melissa Danisi said...

1. "And Jesus went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest." (Matthew 9:35-38)

2. I will be memorizing only v.36 but needed to post all of this. I will start at a new school and am desperately praying for Jesus' perspective as I meet new people. "Sheep without a shepherd". Praying for His eyes, His heart, His words as I work with new people.

3. I think this verse is a next step . . . learning how to see others the way Christ does. Letting him cultivate a heart of compassion in me. Earnestly and intentionally praying for that.

Anonymous said...

1. "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

2. I chose this verse because I feel like I have distanced myself from God lately and I think it is because I am not in prayer enough. I tend to live my life as if I am in control, not God. I mostly talk to God if it's convenient or if I need him. I put Him as a low priority in my life and He should be my first priority. This verse is to remind me to PRAY CONTINUALLY. My life should be a constant conversation with Him. It is also to remind me to REJOICE ALWAYS. I need to rejoice in the good or bad moments, hectic or slow moments, all the time. And it is to remind me to GIVE THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES. I need to be thankful for all his blessings as well as when things aren't going the way I want them to.

3. I guess I kind of answered this question in the previous question. I think I need to be in prayer, to be thankful, and to rejoice all the time. I also need to be in the Word more. I have also been thinking a lot lately about what my calling is. I want to do something in this world for the betterment of His kingdom, but I don't know what that is. I have no idea how God can use my gifts. That is something that I have recently been in prayer about.

<3, Mandy

agarifo said...

1. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. Matt 16:25 NIV
2. I chose this verse because it is the 2nd in a group of consecutive verses I am studying.
3.jesus keeps calling me, and I keep telling him, "I got this, I can handle it on my own." I am thinking the next step I need to take is to humble myself and surrender. I need to stop and pray against my sin of pride.

Christina said...

1. For the LORD comforts Zion; he comforts all her waste places and makes her wilderness like Eden, her desert like the garden of the Lord; joy and gladness will be found in her, thanksgiving and the voice of song. Isaiah 51:3
2. I chose this verse because right now there are some circumstances in my life that feel like a wilderness. Despite the dry land I'm trusting that the Lord is bringing the rain. I'm so grateful that we have a sure hope and a solid rock that we can rely on through every season.
3. Spending more intimate time with Him and in His Word. Taking time to step out of the busy pace and sit at His feet and listen to his voice.

Anonymous said...

1. Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul....... Psalm 143:8

2. I chose this verse because when I pray each morning,I know He is listening,and I know He knows my heart. I don't know the plans He has made for me,but whatever comes,I will trust in Him. I pray for His will to be mine.

3. I need to find a church or bible study...so please pray for me to find the one.

I have another request...I have made a friend on facebook,whose name is Joseph...I think he is a muslim....He talks of "The Creator" and believes self love will bring about the Kingdom,which he says is inside of each of us. Please pray that the words I send him are the words God puts in my heart...I am no match intellectually,so please pray for us both.....Thank you

Yvonne said...

As I read through each of your comments and how the Lord is challenging you and strengthening you, how you are trusting Him, or wanting to trust Him, my heart is filled with such a deep love for you. Thank you for being vulnerable and authentic and for being willing to grow together. Sometimes growing in Jesus seems easier than others. Your courage strengthens and encourages my heart. THANK YOU!!

1. Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. Psalm 84:4 NIV

2. I am continuing on through Psalm 84. O how happy I am when I am remembering and living in the Lord's presence. I want to live each day, each moment, fixing my eyes, not on what is seen, but what is unseen...because what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal! May eternity be on my heart and my gaze and perspective on Christ and His kingdom. When my mind dwells on the Lord and am filled with Him, my only response is praise! He is worthy.

3. What a hard question I posed, but good for me to contemplate. I get excited to get to know you and hear what the Lord is doing in you, that I catch myself off guard when I realize I need to answer the question as well. The challenge for each of us now is to actually DO that next step! Shall we share those steps of faith when we put one foot forward and do it??

My step: The Lord is taking me deeper as a student of the Word. It is difficult for me to write extensively about what He is teaching me because I am not gifted in that area, so it feels like I am working out muscles that aren't used to being worked, but I know He is wanting me to write as a response to what my Rabbi is saying, because it helps His Truth flow to my soul and I retain it to a greater degree.

My plan: I have Wednesdays off and will plan this year to use my mornings to sit before the Lord, meditate on His Word and study it, and then WRITE more than I have before. My desire is that as a result of doing this hard thing by faith, that He would be lifted high in my heart and mind and that His glory would be revealed!

Lord of Hosts, You are the One who is Lord of the Kingdom of Light. Would you work in Joseph's heart, so He may know You the Creator of all. Give Him faith to believe that You are the One True God and that Jesus is God and the Redeemer of the World. Give Betty wisdom to know what to say to him and how to love Him with Your matchless love. so be it, Jesus. Amen.

Stacia said...

1. "Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him." Isaiah 30:18, NIV

2. I chose this verse because I need to be reminded to show grace just as God has given it to me.

3. My next step is to continue to wait on the Lord and discover what He has planned or what I am to learn in this phase. I can't put deadlines on God's timing or choose what is best for my life; only He knows. Like it says in James "every good and perfect gift is from the above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights.

Amber Donat said...

My verse is "Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7 NIV
I chose this verse because I like its' meaning.
My step is to try my best to keep up.