Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Memory Verse #10

Good Afternoon!


I love these days, not only because I get to write my new verses on my 3x5's, but because I get to think of you longer in the midst of my day.  One of my favorite things to do is come back to our blog and see how you are doing and what verse you are hiding in your heart, all the way down to the tips of your toes.  I cherish you and it is so encouraging to do this thing together and not alone!


The regular discipline of memorizing Scripture is hard work, it doesn't just simply happen, does it?  But when we do, have you found that His Words, not "our" words are more apt to flow through our minds?


Life can be difficult and I am convinced that I can't do one miniscule part on my own...I need Jesus, His Power, and His Word...every single second.


If you have had a harder season of memorizing, please jump back in!  This is how we learn to wield our sword, with lots of practice.  Rejoin us, guilt free!!!


You are loved here.  I am grateful for each of you.


I can't remember who needs their memory partner's numbers...will you email me again and remind me?


1.  What is your verse for the rest of May?


2.  Are you doing a Bible Study this summer?  With others? Yourself?


Jesus is all powerful!

11 comments:

Yvonne said...

1. I am continuing on in Psalm 18:20-23
" The Lord has dealt with me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands he has rewarded me. For I have kept the ways of the LORD; I have not done evil by turning from my God. All his laws are before me; I have not turned away from his decrees. I have been blameless before him and have kept myself from sin." (Thank you Jesus that YOU are my righteousness!!!

2. Our life group (the lady part of our group) is going to study James, Mercy Triumphs. We are excited to do this together. This will be the first time some of the gals have studied the Bible fore themselves.

Heather said...

1. I am slowly working my way through Philippians 3 - verse 3 this time: The real believers are the ones the Spirit of God leads to work away at this ministry, filling the air with Christ's praise as we do it.

2. I am hoping to go through "Crazy Love" with a seeking friend, but I have had a hard time connecting with her, so that is a prayer request. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

1. 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart'" (Jeremiah 29:11-13).

2. I hope to find a bible study in the evenings....Please pray I am led to the right one.

Melissa Danisi said...

1. " “If you turn back your foot from the Sabbath, from doing your pleasure on my holy day, and call the Sabbath a delight and the holy day of the Lord honorable; if you honor it, not going your own ways, or seeking your own pleasure, or talking idly; then you shall take delight in the Lord . . ." (Isaiah 59:13-14)

2. I don't think I'll be doing an official bible study. Feeling the LORD saying rest from Life Group, Academy, etc. and continue with me honey. (See my verse above) I have much to teach you in Matthew 5-7. Also preparing for Israel will take some study time too. So that's what I'm doing. Unless you all want to start a study?? Hee hee :-)

Melissa Danisi said...

Ooops, that is Isaiah 58:13-14, not 59:13-14.

Tami Anderson said...

Psalm 121:5
The Lord is your keeper,the Lord is your shade on your right hand.

I am in a Step Study with Celebrate Recovery which will continue throughout the summer.

Darlene said...

My verse:
James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Our Life Group will continue meeting through the summer. In the next week or two we will finish the book we have been going through "The Meaning of Marriage" by Tim Keller. Not sure what we will be doing next!

Viv Donat said...

Hebrews 11:8-9. "By faith Abraham obeys when he was called to go out to a place that h was to receive as an inheritance And he went out, not knowing where he was going. By faith he went to live in the land of promise, as in a foreign land, living living in tents with Issac and Jacob, heir with him o he same promise.

Hi friends. I am in the works of seeing if any gals want to meet for the video driven study on James this summer. Working on a da and time. I do like mornings in the summer.

Traci said...

"My rightness and justice are near, my salvation is going forth, and my arms shall rule the peoples: the islands shall wait for and expect Me, and on My arm shall they trust and wait with hope."
Isaiah 51:5

Still praying about James, Yvonne! Otherwise...no plans yet.

bethany said...

I am not memorizing right now. I was working on James and got through the end of chapter 1 and did not continue on. I'm not sure if I am supposed to pick it back up or if God would have me memorize other things. So, for probably the first time in forever I am truly sitting still and listening to God to tell me rather than run ahead. I really want to run ahead though! I don't know if I will continue with this memory team. That makes me a bit sad :( If I do it will be wonderful. But even if I discontinue my experience in this community will be a tender memory treasured up in my heart forever!

For the summer I will be working through a study called When Doormat and Diva Meet Grace and Truth. Its a study that my friend Colleen wrote. I proofed it for her last summer and am so excited to get to go through it with the women of our church this summer!

Unknown said...

1) Hebrews 13:3 (NLT)-- "Remember those in prison, as if you were there yourself. Remember also those being mistreated, as if you felt their pain in your own bodies." This one hits close to home right now and I am meditating on it deeply and asking the Lord to keep me strong and lead the way.

2) I will be doing Bible Study again this summer on my own with Beth Moore studies. My church does not offer a Bible Study that I can go to during the summer with my children unfortunately. I have taken two Bible Studies through my church earlier this year and loved them and the fellowship it brought. I am very excited for to attend them again in the fall when they start up again.

I have tried to start a Bible Study in my area, and have also tried to find one to attend even outside my church to keep me strong in the Lord and with fellow believers...but to no avail.