Thursday, December 1, 2011

Scripture Memory Verse #23 of 2011!

Good Morning Pilgrimagers!

What a perfect day to have the Word be before us! Whether we are feeling happy, sad, content, in the midst of a huge storm, having a relaxing day by the fire...o how we need Jesus Christ to fill and renew our minds.

Here we go:

1. What is your verse?

2. We are trying something new for a season (at the Fresno Celebration Vivian had a great idea to help with actually following through to memorize, some natural accountability and encouragement). We are going to text our verse to another lady on the Team! Let's do this at least once during the two weeks we are learning it. I think I will do it when I choose my verse and then from memory when I actually have it in my heart. So, who are you going to text (or email, if texting isn't your thing) your verse to?

3. What are you passionate about? (Becca, check out the post below! She's our newest on the Team and asked us this great question.)

I am grateful for each of you and spurred on by you...to love Jesus more intimately and pursue Him with my whole life.

10 comments:

Mrs. MacAlpine said...

Psalm 50:23

"He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God."

I would love to send this verse and receive any of your verses :) I'm so in for spreading the encouragement! Just let me know whoever else would like to and I'll be happy to exchange numbers!

Debbie Oliver said...

Titus 3:10-11 "As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned."

I would definitely love to exchange my verse and receive others' verses via text and would be happy to do so with anyone once I receive contact information for people in the group. I would enjoy swapping with multiple people, as I feel it would be very good for me, and help to give me faith and lift my spirits on my hard days. Growing in Christ with new friends would be a very positive thing for me, and something I really need.

I am passionate about my children and about my schooling (even though it is VERY difficult going to college full time, while also working full time and being a single Mom to three kids all under the age of 8...but I am eternally grateful for the opportunity I have been given to expand my knowledge in a field I love). I also want to be more passionate about Christ, and more devoted to Him. I have fallen off path, and it tears at my heart.

Tami Anderson said...

1 Peter 5:6-7
"Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you."

I would also like to exchange my verse with anyone in the group.

I am passionate about my relationship with the Lord, and my 3 children. I am also passionate about working with children with special needs.

Anonymous said...

Hebrews 12:2 NIV

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith.

I would like to send my verse to everyone! I was not devoted enough to memorize my verses this past year,but this next year I truly mean to memorize! I am also going to start telling my verse to my grandchildren as I drive them to school each morning. Why haven't I been doing this already?

I am passionate about keeping my eyes on Jesus. I am passionate about letting Him change my heart for others to see Him in me. I am passionate about not losing what I have found in Him.

Anonymous said...

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me. " - Galatians 2:19-20

I will text anyone who wants to be texted. :)

I am passionate about Christ most of all. I am also passionate about my husband, my cat, my family, friends, making things, traveling... There is a lot to be passionate about!

<3, Mandy

Vivian Donat said...

Psalm 19:14 " May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, oh Lord my rock and my redeemer."

I too would love to send my verse to any one and have you do the same with me.

I am passionate about living well in His sight. I want my life to be a beautiful fragrance and that anything that I would do would bring glory to Him.

Have a wonderful Christmas Season!

Melissa Danisi said...

1. I will be reviewing my verses this month, so no new ones. "I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship." (Romans 12:1)

I sometimes read through the Psalms during my prayer time and came across this verse this morning "Let my prayer be counted as incense before you, and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice!" (Ps 141:2)

Perhaps the LORD wants me to meditate on what it means to be a living sacrifice?? Don't you think these verses fit well together? What does it mean to make our lives a sacrifice as an act of worship to Him?

2. Becca, Mandy, and Stacia-I have selected YOU as my accountability partners. Be prepared to receive scripture texts throughout the month of December

3. I am passionate about a lot. Since I first understood God's grace and what it means to be grafted in, I've been passionate about knowing Him and making Him known. I'm passionate about God's word, prayer, helping hurting people, Pinterest, teaching children, and tea.

PS Do I win the prize for longest comments ever?

Katy Merrill said...

"Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth & teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long." -Psalm 25:4-5

I feel like I still have so much to learn. Sometimes I feel like a straying sheep and I just need my Shephard to lead me. These next couple of weeks are going to be hard for me as I am packing and getting ready to leave Fresno. This verse is going to be good for me... to remind me to wait upon God, and that he is leading me.

I am passionate for God, my husband, & my sweet little poodle. (in that order! lol)
I also love traveling, reading, cooking, and baking!!

I am glad to see Becca has joined us! :)
I will be sending my verse to Mandy since I only have her number lol :)

Yvonne said...

1. Psalm 84:11 NIV
For The LORD is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.
(I am memorizing the chapter and o how the Lord is giving me a deeper longing to know and live in His presence!)

2. The Lord has impassioned my heart for Him. I adore Him. I love Jesus, who is the Word! The Text. He sent forth His word and healed me. I burn with a deep love for people- my family, neighbors, specifically women. My heart longs to be in the Word with young people both guys and gals and women of all ages!

3. I texted Debbie my verse and will plan on doing it at least one more times before the 15th!

Jen said...

1. Psalm 37:1,7&8 "Do not fret.... Do not fret.... Do not fret; it leads only to evildoing." (I need time to review other verses from the year, *and* I think God is clearly communicating a point here! :) I need this reminder daily as I seek joy.)

2. I live at Hume Lake where we don't have cell access (or at least didn't prior to a couple months ago), so I don't think my little no frills phone even has the ability to text! ;) I think I will instead email or FB Yvonne. :)

3. I would normally say that I am passionate about politics (which is still true), but that's not what I desire to be all about. So, instead I will say that I am passionate about people, ministry and doing God's work/representing the Lord with excellence, and most recently about the transformation to a heart of joy and thankfulness in all things (very much in process, but seeking daily to set my mind and attitude to focus on these, which sets my mind on God's character and just how great He is).