Mandy's Answer: For myself, lately, I haven't had that "satisfied" feeling in my relationship with Christ. I've been feeling like everything is going... Going, going. Like those times where there's all your unanswered prayers, and it feels as if they'll never be answered. So I ask God, what should I do, what do I need to do? Maybe it's because of my own sin, but as in the question, lately I have been constantly feeling the need to please God. Maybe because I don't feel like He's forgiven me? I don't know, maybe.
Can't wait to read your thoughts...
4 comments:
Mandy, thank you for your honest question to us and sharing your wrestling. You wrote this a couple of weeks ago. I would love to hear where you are at today with this.
Mandy....that's a hard question!I don't think until we meet Him face to face in Heaven,that we will ever be completely satisfied with our relationship with Him....I thirst for Him and long for more and more of Him...and this makes it impossible to ever get tired of Him...but I don't feel a need to do something for Him....I would call it a desire. I have found that when God is silent...He may be testing our faith....and once I'm past that "where are you God" stage....and remember and believe He promises to never leave us....I am placed back into the position of His peace....Knowing He loves me and wont leave me there....I hope this helps you.
I think I have learned that I do not ever want to be satisfied with my relationship with Christ. I think with any relationship that I have and I love that person I want it to continually grow. I definitely go through my phases of feeling like I'm missing the mark and when I sin I sometimes forget to extend the same grace to myself that He offers unconditionally and in abundance. There's no condemnation in Christ...THANK GOD...I'm my own worst enemy and I do let Satan sneak in at times and kick me while I'm down but when I get back up and talk myself back to the basics...that it is a RELATIONSHIP and NOT a bunch of rules and regulations on how to please Him...that we don't have to DO anything, He loves us where we are and He won't love us more or less based on what we are trying to do for Him...The things we do for Him, that I believe is what He desires from us, is loving Him with our hearts, minds, souls and offering our whole beings to Him and bringing others to know Him. If we are truly in love with Him and loving others the way He has called us to, we are DOING enough for Him and we will live a satisfying life yet at the same time crave more of Him day by day. WOW did that even make sense? I'm tired!!
This is a deep question! Lots of reflection on this . . . As far as being satisfied with my relationship with Christ, I am fulfilled by Him, and pursuing Him, but if I say I'm satisfied, does it mean that I've arrived? I have not yet attained it . . . but pressing on toward the goal. I don't know that I'll be fully satisfied until I see Him face to face. I always feel like I could give more of my heart, my mind, my soul, my time, etc. to Him.
As far as doing something for Him, I know that what I do for Him, should be done out of an overflow of my love for Him. He will not love me more for what I do, but I know He expects me to do something with what I have. I do think that when we feel the need to “do” things for God, it’s usually because we’re not resting in His grace and forgiveness. Thanks to Yvonne, I meditate often on Psalm 18:16-19, remembering that He delighted to rescue me . . . regardless of what I’ve done, will do, won’t do, or should do. I rest in His grace . . .
Post a Comment