Good Morning! I greet you with a lighter heart than two weeks ago! Thank you for being "with" me along in my journey and process in the moment I was in it! It is so good to go through hard times together and celebrate the good!
Ladies, let's welcome in September, with the anticipation of cooler mornings and evenings!
Jump in now! Feel the freedom and no guilt if you haven't done a great job with your verses. Today is a new day.
Let's do this:
1. What is your verse?
2. What are your fall plans?
3. Do you have a question (any type of question) for us on the Team?
My verses for these two weeks are James 3:3-6 NIV84(I am working my way through the chapter, slowly but surely. What a convicting section to land on!)
When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.
4 comments:
I am so thankful to be "rejoining" life after an insanely busy summer. I am thankful for fatigue and a slow return to balance, including time to rejoin you ladies on this journey.
1. I continue in Philippians 3:10 MSG I gave up all that inferior stuff so I could know Christ personally, experience His resurrection power, to be a partner in His suffering, and go all the way with Him to death itself.
2. I look forward to cooler days, breathing deeply and marinating in God's Word again!!
3. Is there a get together before the end of the year in the works? (sorry if I missed one.)
Praying blessings over each of you today.
1. “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.
2 “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you." (Matthew 6:1-4)
2. It is a FULL season ahead! A few new things I'm excited about...new life group and helping a bit more with the ladies in recovery at Fresno Rescue Mission. This will be my last slow week so I'm up early savoring time with the Father.
1. “They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint” (Is. 40:31)
2. I am so looking forward to cooler days and now that my grandkids are back in school, I have my days back. I need a job so please pray for me I find the job God desires for me.
1. Isaiah 61:1-3
"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God,to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes,the oil of joy instead of mourning,and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor."
I've just been learning from the Lord through Beth Moore's Breaking Free study, more meaning from "bind up the brokenhearted." That those who are brokenhearted are not just bleeding, they are hemorrhaging! And to picture Jesus pressing with His nail scarred hands on the wound to stop the bleeding just took my breath away. He wants so much for us to live healed FREE lives. PRAISE HIM!!
Wahoo, fall is here!! I love new seasons. :) I will be substitute teaching again this fall and watching alot of football and volleyball...very fun! I'm so looking forward to walks through the woods and cool evening motorcycle rides...getting into a routine again and learning how to better walk in love in certain areas of my life. Right this moment I am so thankful to God for the gifts he has given me in the past few days...my husband Greg got a call from a home inspection company he used to work for and was offered a JOB!!! We are also in the process of starting a home improvement business which will go hand in hand with home inspection. Divine orchestration or what?? oh yes, I believe it! another gift...today I spent the day with my sister at an amazing place we have here in St. Paul called The Art House North. I listened to amazing women like Sara Groves and Meme ? (dont know her last name) Meme lives in Swaziland and told amazing stories as she spoke truth into us on the hospitality of God. I feel like this past year God has so graciously poured out onto me and my family, His beautiful hospitality. I am really in awe of His love today!
Post a Comment