Sunday, April 15, 2012

Welcome Traci!


Let me introduce my precious friend, Traci, to you!  We met because we were both in Texas celebrating the LORD and His Word and how hiding it in our hearts has changed us, sustained us, encouraged, and challenged us!  

This picture was taken in January of 2012 at the 2nd Celebration. Amy and I flew to Houston and got to spend the whole weekend with Traci--we were all roomies! She is a prayer warrior and a godly lady!  Amy and I love her!!
Amy, Traci, and Yvonne


Hello Everyone!  My name is Traci and I am so thankful Yvonne and Amy asked me to join this group!  I love getting to know you through our posts...and texts, Darlene :)...and LOVE LOVE memorizing His Word together!  Here's a bit about me...


I came to know the Lord through my high school boyfriend and his family.  I have been discovering what it is to fall in love with Jesus since then.  I have spent the past 23 years married to that boyfriend and together we are raising three children to love God and love others.  Some days we are blessed to see fruit, and other days we lay our heads down wondering if we've ruined them. ;)
Hannah is a growing 19 year old college girl who wants to love on inner city kids as a teacher.  Tess is a growing 16 year old who wants to help heal hurts by being a nurse.  Ross is a growing 13 year old who just wants to get through school and become a major league baseball player.They are all beautifully unique individuals, who, through the good and hard, bring us great joy.


Greg and I are both teachers.  I have started substitute teaching since my kids all went to school three years ago.  (We homeschooled for 10 years)  I love being back in the classroom, and at the same time, miss the time at home with my kids.  God definitely made it clear that it was time to transition (Isaiah  30:15-23) and I'm so thankful to Him for His unfailing promise of love throughout this new season of our lives.  My husband lost his job a year ago so we are on a journey through the wilderness.  God has made Himself so present though! I can't even put it into words.  I am so thankful He is my Shepherd.  


Trust Him and FEAR NOT are the words I hear from Him most often.  Having His truth hidden in my heart over the past years has transformed my life.  The accountability of this place is a gift. I thank God so often that He brought Yvonne into my life two years ago.  You, my sweet friend,  are a picture of the "fragrance of Christ" to me ...I love you!


Let's welcome Traci with open arms and hearts!  If you could ask her one question, what it be?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome Traci! It is so good to have you here. I'll have to thin of a question. Im sure it will have to do with raising girls! :)

Yvonne said...

Traci, if you could walk/hike anywhere, where would it be and why?

Darlene said...

Traci, so glad to read about your family and see a picture of you! I just love being your prayer partner! I have finally picked a verse and posted it just a minute ago. I will email you soon.

Traci said...

Hi Lisa! Your little girl is darling! The picture of the two of you is so sweet.

You have blessed me Darlene...I love being your prayer partner too :)

Yvonne~~
hmmm...with you on my mind, my first thought would be ISRAEL! ;) That's the way I want to experience the Holy Land someday.

I think of other places like Greece, Colorado, Switzerland, Glacier National Park, The Lakes District in England... To see God's glory in amazing places like these would be a dream come true! I love to be in awe of Him.

Unknown said...

Hello Traci! So very happy to have you a part of our amazing group. So blessed to be hopefully meeting you soon! God Bless!