Ladies, it is March 1!
What a thrill it has been to connect with some of you in the last month and to hear what the Lord is doing in your lives, right where the LORD has you! Here are some highlights and praises you have shared: believing the blood of Jesus covers you, a grandson coming to know Jesus, time alone with your Maker, miraculous answers to medical issues, knowing the Lord as the God who sustains, getting your hands dirty in the garden and watching the Lord use that time to show You Himself, being burdened for the orphaned and actively doing something about it, and so on. I could continue on with what the Lord is doing in your lives. It is such a joy to watch!
Some of you are in a season that has been stretching and painful and you feel like you are in a desert. I am tender towards you and the Lord, your Shepherd is, too! May we remember to lift each other up to the God Most High, who turns His ear and hears us AND responds. You are loved!
Let's post our verses!
1. What is your verse for March 1-14th?
2. What is one aspect of your identity in Christ you are struggling believing (ex. I am adopted, chosen, redeemed, holy, blameless, saint, royal priesthood, slave of Christ...)?
3. Our next Gathering! Saturday, June 2nd! It would be amazing if we all could get together! Would anyone be up for helping plan a mini day retreat time for us?
4. Do you know who your memory partner is? I switched most of them up for March. The challenge-to text or email her today!
16 comments:
1. Psalm 18:10-11 He mounted the cherubim and flew; he soared on the wings of the wind. He made darkness his covering, his canopy around Him-the dark rain clouds of the sky. (How majestic is our God! I am not just memorizing these verses...context is key. This is simply where I am at in my memorizing Psalm 18.)
2. I'm not sure...that's funny. I asked the question. I think that I don't always believe the Lord to be All Satisfying...cause sometimes I hope that Brian will be my satisfier and I forget that God's love is unfailing and I will be satisfied when I grasp His matchless fulfilling love, therefore, I would say that part of my identity in- I am loved- is where I don't believe the Lord in moments! I never feel that I have to earn His love or could lose His love, sometimes I just forget that His love is truly satisfying...this tends to be something I have to remind myself and ask the Lord to grace me with faith to believe Him--satisfy me in the morning with your unfailing love, that I may sing for joy and be glad all my days. Psalm 90:14
I AM LOVED! YOU ARE LOVED! His love satisfies!
3. O how I long to sit with each of you, with the Lord! I was thinking we could dive into the Word together and sing together and share our lives and quote, or read some of our verses and of course, eat yummy food!
4. Yes, they are Darlene and Mandy. I texted them.
1. Ephesians 3:16 "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being",
2. Sometimes I feel I may lose Him. My soul yearns for Him. I am in desperate need of Him at all times. I mess up so often that I sometimes question if I have what He intends for me to have.
3. I hope to come to this one if the flights look good.
4. Yes,I'm glad you asked...I just noticedmy new partner is Jen...I will text you soon Jen and am looking forward to being your partner.
1. I am still memorizing the sermon on the mount, but sense the LORD would have me memorize this verse right.now. "But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires." (Romans 13:14) Working through some fleshy stuff right now :-(
2. Dang Yvonne! This is a hard one! I think because of the sin in my life that was just revealed to me (thank you Yvonne) I'm battling the lie of forgiveness. I know that I'm forgiven but it's funny how in times of sin/shame, the enemy makes you doubt and condemns you. Remembering the truth that there is now therefore no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1)! But the enemy loves for us to feel condemned.
3. I don't think I can help with planning this one. I don't know what my calendar will look like as we approach leaving for Israel 2 weeks after?
4. Vivian! It's on girl.
1. Psalm 86:11-13 "Teach me Your way, O Lord; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name. I will give thanks to You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, And will glorify Your name forever. For Your lovingkindness toward me is great, And You have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol."
2. Hmmmm...I am having a hard time pinpointing this right now. Good question to ponder...
3. I am hoping to join you! I think our Summer Staff Orientation begins the following day, so I may not know for certain until May, but if I can come, I would love to help in any way that I can!
4. Yes! Betty! Betty, I think we will need to correspond through email as I live outside of cell phone range, and am only down the hill every 2-3 weeks. My email address is jkschuler@humelake.org.
1.) "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." (Hebrews 11:1)
2.) I struggle with being holy and blameless. I know I fall short every day...several times a day. I have made choices in my life that shame me to the core. So how could I ever be holy? I struggle to remember and understand that I myself could never be holy, but through Jesus sacrifice, I am made that way. I also am really struggling with faith lately. I believe with a passion, but my faith of what I cannot see or control is faltering...I am at a very scary point in my life, and my faith fades at times, which is heartbreaking to me.
3.) I am so excited to see everyone again. I will definitely be there, and will be happy to help in any way you think I would be beneficial!
4.) Yes...it's Amy! Such a wonderful lady (love her to pieces), and I was blessed to spend time with some of you at her house. I will text you my verse on Saturday Amy! :)
1. Leviticus 18:3 You shall not do what is done in the land of where you lived, not are you to do what is done in the land of Canaan where I am bringing you; you shall not walk in their statutes. You are to perform my judgments and keep my statutes, to live in accord with them; I am the LORD your God.
2. Great question. I would have to say at this time I struggle with "chosen." But the Leviticus verse is a great reminder that I am chosen by God and He calls me to live differently from the world. He has chosen me, called me His own, and chooses me to walk according to His Laws. I need the reminders that He is my God. This season has been a tremendous struggle and I am tempted to "figure it out" instead of just looking to Him for satisfaction, confirmation, counsel, and comfort. I feel like the father in Mark 9:24 who said, "I do believe, help my unbelief."
3. This season of life is not allowing me to make plans too far in advance. But I would love to be there.
4. Sue is my memory partner and I will make a contact.
1. Hey, I'll be honest, I was not on my game last time so I'm gonna give this one another shot, "Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:22-23
2. Hmmm....tough question! sheesh! I think what I'm struggling with most is believing that I don't NEED anyone or anything else. The people and things in my life are not bad by any means, but they should not my everything, my everything should be Christ and Christ alone. I am learning to appreciate the people and things I do have, but not elevate them as idols to worship. Easier said than done!
3. I probably couldn't plan it since that is the week leading up to finals, but I will try to come!
1. Psalms 23 (KJV) I am going to re-memorize this because I do not have it perfect anymore.
"The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside still waters,
He restores my soul.
He leads me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow
of death,
I will fear no evil,
for Thou are with me;
Thy rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
Thou anointeth my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy will follow me
all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.
2. Recently I have been struggling with taking control of things and not waiting on the Lord. Its always been a struggle of mine . . . somehow I think that I can take care of these little things and don't need to bother the Lord with them. That is why I wanted to re-focus on the above verse. He cares about every detail of my life and is the Shepherd over ALL of it, not just the big things. If only I would believe this every day, and not just when I have big stuff in my life.
Thanks for including me on this team!!
1. Jesus looked at them and said,"with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26 NIV
2. Hmmm....I guess I am struggling with knowing that God wants the best for me. I desire certain things for my life and when they don't happen, it's hard not to ask(or rather complain if I'm being honest), "but why Lord?" I don't want to believe the lie that Satan tells me of doubting God, but sometimes I do and then I feel ashamed of that. And then I have to remind myself that "if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation, the old has gone and the new has come." 2 Cor 5:17
3. With enough notice, and this is, I would love to come to Fresno and meet up with everyone!
4. My new partner is Tami and since I was slow on the draw this week and didn't come to our blog on time I had already texted my old partner my verse. Now I get to share it again with Tami!
"Sustain me, my God, according to your promise, and I will live; Do not let my hope be dashed." Psalms 119:116
I dont really understand this one...sorry.
We should get mini ponies. :)
Nope, I'll look.
1. I am continuing on in my journey through James.
James 1:22-27 (ESV)
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.
If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless. Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.
2. I have struggled with my identity in Christ for as long as I've been a Christian but over the past few years I have begun the difficult deep work of surrendering my past and learning how to live in freedom. It is a process that is difficult and at times painful but rewarding. I am so happy that God loves me, cherishes me, and values me. I am truly a work in progress.
3. I would love to help out however I can!
4. My partner is Katy! Katy, I hope to see you Thursday at bible study and maybe we can set a time to get coffee?
hey everyone I'm kendra, bethany's sister-inlaw so excited to jion you all!
1)John 5:31-32 31 “If I bear witness of Myself, My witness is not true. 32 There is another who bears witness of Me, and I know that the witness which He witnesses of Me is true.
2)Beleaving the lords true over lies!
3)not really sure yet!
4)no I'm new :)
Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.- James 4:8
It's hard for me to believe that i am blameless.
I would love to help!
Bethany, look forward to meeting up with you :)
1. "You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God." James 4:4
2. I struggle most with believing that God has a perfect plan and he is in control
3. I would love to help! I may have to work, but I won't know until it gets closer.
4. Yes, Yvonne and Darlene. Going to text them right now!
I am working on Philippians 4:6 (Msg) Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns.
Yes, I would be willing to help plan a day-retreat, as well as see if ECCO would be willing to provide the location if desired.
"Blessed are the people who know the passwords of praise!
Who shout on parade in the bright presence of God.
Delighted, they dance all day long!
They KNOW who You are, and what You do!
They can't keep it quiet!
Your vibrant beauty has gotten inside us~ you've been so good to us.
We're walking on air!
All we are and have we owe to God!
HOLY GOD OF ISRAEL, OUR KING!!"
Psalm 89:15-18 (The Message)
2. It would have to be really GETTING that God's acceptance is so ENOUGH, that all other things/messages fade into the shadow of His great love for me.
3. If I didn't live so far away, I would love to help plan our retreat! I LOVE retreats!! ;)
4. Darlene is my memory partner...and we have connected!
Post a Comment